Data Architect - Insurance - £500pd - initial 6 month contract
Data Architect - Insurance - Reigate
A market leading FinTec Insurance company requires an experienced Data Architect to be based from their offices in Reigate.
Overview: Our client has a paperless application process and is totally reliant on their ability to deliver a high quality eCommerce platform to market. Technology and application development in particular are therefore core to the success of the company.
- Strategic definition of the information needs of the business
- Providing direction on all data issues
- Design of the data architecture, including:
- Analysis of the current physical model
- The target logical and physical data models
- The canonical data model for integration
- Mapping of the data items from current to target
- Data warehouses and data marts, and their population
- Governance over the evolution of the data architecture and sign-off for data models, through the design authority
- Research over trends in data analysis and manipulation techniques including analytics, 'big data’ and the ability to handle larger quantities of structured and unstructured information.
Skills and experience
- Understanding of the insurance industry business data
- Deep understanding of data modelling and analysis techniques
- Knowledge to manage complex data issues e.g. master data, performance, data distribution, data synchronisation, analysing unstructured data etc.
- Strong understanding of activities within primary discipline such as master data management, metadata management and data governance.
- Demonstrable experience in logical, and physical data architectures, design patterns, best practices, and programming techniques around relational modelling, dimensional modelling and data integration.
- Experience with data governance, big data, visualization and reporting tools, data profiling analysis and transformation.
- Strong business and data analysis skills
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Issue resolution
- Thought leadership in the use of data management techniques to business issues in the life assurance industry
- Knowledge and experience to offer innovative, feasible and practical business-led solutions
- Leadership and interpersonal skills sufficient to win others over to the vision
- Ability to communicate effectively and decisively with business and technical personnel
- Credibility at Executive level