Italian speaking Product Manager - Tour Operator
Italian speaking Product Manager - Tour Operator ££competitive
Reporting to the Commercial Manager this role involves the day to day management of this specialsit Tour Operators Italian products. The successful applicant will have, in line with company objective and targets, responsibility for each product, from concept, contracting, set-up, organisation, and management and its ultimate growth potential and profitability.
This is summer only operations and feature a variety of hotel and self-catering accommodation which are marketed via a brochure and website through both direct and via Travel Agent channels.
Italian speaking Product Manager - Role and Responsibilites
- Product Planning -Destination visits, sourcing new product, agreeing flight and transport requirements, competitor analysis, pricing for both brochure and web, ensuring the product is correctly positioned and priced in the marketplace and determining the strategic direction of the product.
- Contracting Liaising with key accommodation suppliers, procure and agree commercial terms that are the most competitive possible, and contracts signed in accordance with the bed brief and within the deadlines required. With the assistance of the local Resort team source new properties and ensure that contacts and / or terms are agreed and followed through. Communicate with suppliers where required and on an ongoing basis throughout the product cycle.
- Brochure Production and Website Maintenance - Ensure with suppliers that all information and descriptions are factually correct and signed off ready for use in all UK promotional material. In conjunction with the marketing department agree and adhere to a timetable for the production of the brochure, undertake copy writing and proof reading requirements, provide and ensure accuracy of all information required for inclusion in brochure or for use on website. Maintain website information and accuracy. Assume responsibility in all areas of pricing, including competitor positions, monitoring individual property and flight performance and adjust pricing accordingly.
- System accuracy and pre-sale product preparation - Ensure that all relative information is set up correctly in the back-office system, to include setting parameters in the initial product set-up to ensure targeted load-factors are achieved. Check and maintain the accuracy of all information held and used in TOURcentre.
- Sales Support and Training - Conduct regular training sessions to ensure that the Sales and other staff are fully up to date with product specifics. Provide and maintain relative information to ensure that Sales are always up to date with changes and developments to the product. Provide day to day support for the sales team and all internal departments on all product related issues.
- Product Performance - The Product Manager is the principal driver and has the responsibility to take the appropriate actions to ensure optimum performance and sales/commercial return of the product.
- Specific Performance Management - Monitor performance of key properties, particularly those with commitments. Monitor flight capacity to ensure the right mix of durations in order to maximise both bed and seat stocks.
- Reporting - In addition to producing weekly, monthly and end of season reports provide ad hoc performance reports as and when required.
- Resort - In liaison with Resort team and Customer Relations Manager, co-ordinate measures to improve product / ground quality service. Maintain regular contact with resort on commercial and operational issues.
- Staff - The Product Manager is responsible to oversee and manage the day-to-day workload of the Product Executive(s), ensuring they are best utilised and aware of targets, priorities and deadlines.
Italian speaking Product Manager - Minimum skills required
- Minimum 2 years experience within product management
- Analytical and logical thinking
- 'Can do' attitude and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to drive and influence others
- Excellent communicator
- Be a motivated and enthusiastic individual who can show initiative and anticipate potential problems
- Ability to work unassisted and as a team player
- Able to work in all Microsoft Office applications, with particular proficiency in Excel
- Fluent Italian language (written and spoken)
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk