We are recruiting an Acting Supported Living Coordinator for our supported living and outreach service in Blackpool, which provides person centred support to adults with learning disabilities, some of whom have autism spectrum conditions and complex needs.
We are looking for an experienced practitioner with management experience to provide care and support to people with learning disabilities. Your role will include:
- Developing the independent living skills and community inclusion of service users
- Identifying and accessing activities with service user to promote valued and meaningful lifestyles
- Providing respectful personal care, emotional and practical support to service users
- Collaborating with service users, families, and the multi-disciplinary team to maximise service user outcomes
- Implementing Creative Support principles, policies, procedures and guidelines and ensuring that the service fulfils CQC requirements
- Supervising and supporting staff to best meet service user needs and preferences
- Supporting service users with behaviour that challenges services and implement positive behaviour support
Experience is essential for this role, as well as access to a car.
You will be expected to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service, including evenings and weekends.
This unique and challenging opportunity will provide you with provide you with an environment that offers personal and professional development. We will provide you with further managerial training and qualifications to best meet the needs of the service.