The Biggest Publishing Company You’ve Never Heard Of!” Don’t take our word for it. It’s how Fast Company described SJR’s pioneering role in content marketing. Today with unmatched depth of talent, from strategists to journalists to multimedia creatives, and top clients across consumer, finance, energy, pharma, tech and more, we are the industry leader.
Founded in 2004 and acquired by WPP in 2013, SJR has grown rapidly year after year, expanding from New York and Los Angeles to San Francisco, London, Toronto, Mexico City, and Sydney. In just two years, our EMEA office in London has boomed from a staff of one to 17 with several million in revenues and healthy margins
Colloquial is a joint venture of J. Walter Thompson, the world’s best-known communications brand, and Group SJR. It lives at the intersection of advertising, publishing and public relations, with storytelling and creativity at its core. It sits within the J. Walter Thompson company to ensure that JWT’s clients and prospects can benefit from the always-on content marketing approach alongside their core advertising efforts.
SJR and Colloquial operate as one cohesive family in the JWT London office in Knightbridge, and together are looking for a driven, entrepreneurial, and enthusiastic HR professional for our London office to help us guide growth, culture, hiring, office needs, and generally to meet and excel at all other matters to do with our people.
This full-time position reports to the SJR/Colloquial President EMEA.
We're growing fast and need your help!
Responsible for “candidate flow”, initial screening, and arranging other interviews with appropriate management team members
Be creative at finding new ways of recruiting and sourcing talent (with minimum dependency on recruitment firms)
Lead and manage onboarding of new employees
Create and execute people strategy to guide firm’s sustainable growth
Work with President and Finance to ensure growth plan is commensurate with business needs.
Contracts and appropriate paperwork for all employees
Coordinate with our New York office as well as WPP partner agencies (JWT and Hill + Knowlton) and their HR teams
Lead the performance management process
Be the champion for our culture, coaching and managing all employees to ensure it lives, and everyone thrives within it
- Lead office planning including holiday coordination, team event management, team supplies, office set up, etc.
- Work with President on calendar management, travel and expenses
Desired skills, experience and attitude
- Candidate needs a passion for people in business.
- We don’t need nor expect vast previous experience as an in-house recruiter or in HR management, but some experience so we know that this is what the candidate truly wants to do is needed.
- Comfort with the notion of innovative direct sourcing using a variety of mediums including social media is essential
- General traits we look for in candidates:
- Intellectual curiosity, and a restlessness to always get better
- An entrepreneurial mindset, and passion for a small fast-growing company
- An interest in the future of the marketing industry, and in particular the field of content marketing.
- Proactive, creative thinker and dynamic team player who is results-driven and works well under pressure and shifting priorities
- Have a thick skin and sense of humor
- Regularly bring new ideas and fresh thinking, and push team to do the same
- Strong email and telephone communication skills
SJR was founded to address the greatest challenge and opportunity marketers and communicators face today--audience. How to get it, keep it and build it in a world in which knowledge is the true social currency.
As an innovation consultancy specializing in insights, content creation, curation and audience development, SJR works with the world's leading corporations, organizations and institutions to tap, shape and share their unique and invaluable knowledge.
Our custom content creation is original, daily and owned--has the power to authentically build brands, explain complex issues and, most important, connect in real-time with the influencers, media and consumers who matter most.
SJR is a subsidiary of WPP.