Clinical Laboratory Technician 12 month contract - Leeds, UK
We are looking to recruit 6 Laboratory Technicians on a 12 month fixed term contract to be based in Leeds. You will be responsible for interacting with clinical staff and volunteers and processing samples for our clients. You must have an interest in working in a scientific field and be willing to undergo structured training in order that your work meets our strict regulatory requirements.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Adhere to laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing
- Recognizes deviations from expected results and follows these up appropriately
- Process and distribute PK (Pharmokinetic) samples according to study specific instructions
- Perform phlebotomy (blood sampling collection) as needed
- Participate in the collection of biological specimens
- Ensure completion of processing of samples in a timely manner
- Maintains and clean laboratory equipment.
- Follows the laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing.
- Operates laboratory equipment.
- Recognizes deviations from expected results and follows up appropriately.
- Processes and ships PK samples according to study specific instructions.
- Performs phlebotomy as needed.
- Participates in the collection of biological specimens. Evaluates and solves problems related to the collection and processing of specimens.
- Facilitates the work flow through the laboratory to ensure completion of processing in a timely manner.
- Operates and utilizes all communications systems available in the laboratory; telephones, copiers, facsimile machines and pagers.
- Maintains and cleans laboratory equipment.
- Inventories reagents and supplies to ensure uninterrupted operations.
- Handles hazardous materials, reagents and chemicals in a safe manner in accordance to laboratory policy and procedure.
- Washes laboratory glassware and maintains general laboratory cleanliness.
- Completes special projects.
- Supports and participates in Corporate and Department initiatives regarding quality system implementation, maintenance, and continuous quality improvement activities.
- A good standard of education e.g. A level or equivalent in a Science related subject
- Good communication skills
- Good basic numerical skills
- Content with processing work to tight deadlines
- Flexible to work between the hours of 6am and 11pm on a 2 week rota, Monday to Sunday (Standard hours are 37 hours per week)
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a Science related subject
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Typically 1 year of laboratory experience.
- additional laboratory experience may be substituted for education requirements.
The opportunity to work within an experienced and highly skilled team.
Covance offers a comprehensive benefits package including health cover, contributory pension.
Covance’s ongoing success offers team members unsurpassed growth and career development opportunities.
At Covance, we help make the miracles of medicine a reality. We offer opportunities to work on diverse, challenging projects with bright, interesting colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career. This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring miracle of medicine to market sooner.
There is no better time to join us!
This job was originally posted as www.emedcareers.com/job/960521427