Senior Medical technologist - Geneva, Switzerland
COVANCE is a leading global drug development services company and we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries.
We are recruiting for our laboratory in Geneva and are currently seeking to hire a Senior Medical Technologist (responsable technique) in Histology to help support the team.
This is a permanent contract, in a full time position, working Tuesday to Saturday in Meyrin/Geneva.
About the Job
Within this position, your duties will include:
- Perform routine laboratory procedures in accordance with established Covance CLS quality principles, as well as trains new employees on the same.
- Offer strong analytical knowledge in use and maintenance of sophisticated high technology instrumentation in the area of responsibility and expertise.
- Maintain high standards in all aspects of departmental and laboratory functions.
- Provide informal leadership to department staff through mentoring and coaching.
- Oversee training activities within the department to ensure accuracy, quality, and consistency. Ensure area personnel are appropriately trained to support on-going routine production. Ensure training is completed as scheduled, and is properly documented prior to the individual testing and reporting patient results.
- Oversee the timely and accurate development of training materials and checklists for the department/sites.
- Provide on-going guidance, and support to department staff for training needs.
- Attend customer team meetings, and participate in client conference calls where needed.
- Serve as site resource to provide guidance/direction to global sites for implementation of new processes/changes, and facilitate resolution of global issues.
- Drive timely implementation of new assay validations, instruments, and equipment according to SOPs.
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) for new initiatives, and other process improvement projects.
- Perform research to support requests for new instruments/equipment needed to implement new assays, improve productivity, and reduce costs. Works with potential vendors, and provides necessary information to internal customers for implementation.
What we’re looking for:
To be successful in this position, you will need to hold a
- Medical Technologist (CFC holder)
- Pharmaceutical Biology Technologist (CFC holder)
- Medical Technologist (Swiss State School of Medical Technologist Degree holder)
- Medical Technologist (BTS, DUT, IUT Degree holder)
- Foreign Medical Technologist Degree holder with equivalency statement from Swiss Red Cross
Additionally, you will need to demonstrate some years of Covance Laboratory experience performing clinical laboratory testing or experience in performing clinical laboratory testing judged as equivalent.
Get to know Covance
Covance, the drug development business of LabCorp, is the world’s most comprehensive drug development services company. Because of our broad experience, from early research to commercialization, our more than 20,000 employees from across the globe are in a unique position to supply insights that go above and beyond testing. Our team’s impact on healthcare is remarkable. Through their everyday work they’ve supported 100% of the top 50 drugs on the market and all the oncology drugs approved in 2016. Even though we span multiple businesses, we operate as one, sharing our knowledge to improve our efficiency and deliver on the promise of a healthier world.
The Covance team is driven by an energized purpose to improve health and improve lives across the globe. Here, you’ll work alongside exceptional people who each play an important role in bringing new scientific discoveries and therapeutic area advancements to life. And, because we span the drug development spectrum, you’ll directly impact a wide-range of initiatives as you explore unique career paths and discover your extraordinary potential.
Get ready to make a difference as we speed the delivery of groundbreaking therapies and improve lives of countless individuals.
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Education / Qualifications
• Medical Technologist (CFC holder)
• Pharmaceutical Biology Technologist (CFC holder)
• Medical Technologist (Swiss State School of Medical Technologist Degree holder)
• Medical Technologist (BTS, DUT, IUT Degree holder)
• Foreign Medical Technologist Degree holder with equivalency statement from Swiss Red Cross
Individual must have 5 or more years of Covance Laboratory experience performing clinical laboratory testing or experience in performing clinical laboratory testing judged as equivalent.
This job was originally posted as www.emedcareers.com/job/960521425