Support Worker Liverpool
You will be working in a small team caring for a young man with Cerebral Palsy living with his family in the community. There is a shift basis over the 24 hour period. You will be paid £10 per hour M-F and £12 per hour at weekends. Sleepovers are paid at £8.60 per hour.
- Provide support, advocacy and information to the individuals we support.
- Provide emotional and practical support to clients.
- Help clientsmeet their personal care needs sensitively and appropriately to a high standard, including personal hygiene, assistance with laundry, and preparing meals and drinks.
- Supporting clientsto take any prescribed medicine, complying with all medicine policies, including storage, administering and record keeping.
- Enable clients to achieve independence as far as possible in all areas of their life by providing appropriate information, opportunity, training, counselling and support.
- Help clientsto identify and choose their support needs.
- Assist in devising, implementing and reviewing care plans.
Provide a safe, comfortable and supportive home for the individuals we support.
- Support clientsto actively contribute to the running of their own house.
- Participate in rotas, which may include day, evening, weekend and Bank Holiday working and sleeping-in duties at night.
- Assist in health and safety assessments, follow health and safety procedures and participate in fire drills and audits.
- Report any maintenanceand repair tasks in the house to the Care Manger.
Assist the individuals we support to present themselves as valued members of the local community.
- Create opportunities for social and leisure activities with clients.
- Introduce clientsto a range of facilities and amenities in the local neighbourhood and wider community.
Ensure that the rights of the people we support are always protected and respected.
- Ensure that each individual is supported as far as possible to exercise their rights in the following areas: Privacy, choice, participation in decision making affecting their lives, expression of their own cultural identity, entitlement to service, feedback on the service they receive and the right to complain, protection of their property, maintaining links with family and friends.
Liaise with other professionals on behalf of the individuals we support.
- Maintain contact with a wide range of outside professionals, e.g. General practitioners, dentists, and therapists etc.
- Liaise with Day Service providers.
Keep records and participate in administrative tasks.
- Assist in writing, reviewingand updating of individual care plans in conjunction with the Care Manager.
- Assist and participate in the wide range of administrative tasks necessary for the smooth running of thesupport package.
- Follow all of the company's financial procedures.
Participate in the opportunities provided for training and development.
- Participate in regular supervision to: receive support, increase knowledge, identify training needs, evaluate work performance, aid and assess professional development.
- Participate in an annual appraisal co-ordinated by your
- Attend staff development programmes, training courses, seminars and workshops as required.
Work within, and promote, the policies and procedures of Cpims .
- Follow the policies and procedures outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Maintain confidentiality about clients, staff and the Company as a whole.
- Promote equality of opportunity and a respect for diversity.
Be an active member of the support team.
- Help cover the work of the team, during absence, vacancies, orwhen a colleague is under pressure.
- Liaise and coordinate with other team members to provide a cohesive, high quality service.
- Participate in and contribute to team meetings.
- Share with other team member’sprevious experience, skills and knowledge, which may be relevant to the team in providing its service.
- Be supportive, respectful and empathic to clients, their relevant others and colleagues.
Any other duties.
Undertake any duties consistent with the overall purpose of the post as directed by the Care Manager.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £10.00 to £12.00 /hour