Legal Secretary (Patents), Nottingham, Paying up £22,000
Your new company
My client has an excellent opportunity for a full time Legal Secretary / PA to join their secretarial team. If you are an experienced secretary with a fast typing speed who can demonstrate strong organisational skills and attention to detail, then this is a superb role in which to develop your career. This is an opportunity to work within a supportive environment with opportunities for progression.
Your new role
A wide ranging and fast-paced role, your primary function will be to provide secretarial support to their fee earning staff within a busy department. You will be responsible for the preparation of legal documents, monitoring and managing deadlines and dealing with clients from around the world. Day-to-day duties will include:
- Assisting with the preparation and dispatch of correspondence, including the preparation of correspondence from dictation.
- Managing incoming correspondence.
- Monitoring case details and deadlines using the firm's records management software.
- Managing case files and associated documents, including the management of electronic records.
- Planning and arranging travel and accommodation.
- Liaising with fee earning staff to ensure high levels of client care.
- Providing general assistance to members of fee earning staff and other support staff.
What you'll need to succeed
You should have a professional manner, and the ability to complete work to exacting standards and within tight deadlines is crucial, along with a minimum of 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grade C or above including English and Maths. Secretarial related qualifications would be beneficial but are not essential. You will also need to demonstrate:
- That you are an experienced secretary with a fast typing speed.
- The ability to manage and prioritise your own workload.
- Proven administrative and organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with a proactive, personable approach.
- A professional manner when liaising with clients and other external parties.
- Being a team player who is also conscientious, motivated and flexible, adapting as the need arises.
- Strong IT skills with an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and digital dictation.
- Being receptive and open to learning new skills and acquiring an understanding of the industry.
- Being a process driven, organised, person who excels at meeting deadlines when working within a busy team environment.
- An ability to work well under pressure.
Existing knowledge of Intellectual Property is not essential as full and extensive training will be provided, along with internal training for client and government specific databases.
What you'll get in return
My client offers a competitive salary and a range of additional benefits including 24 days' holiday (plus Bank Holidays), a company pension scheme, Healthcare, life insurance, a wide range of inclusive social activities and an opportunity to gain professional qualifications.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80927881