Nursery Nurse Apprentice Level 2
This is an exciting opportunity to start your career in Childcare with the chance to gain a level 2 childcare qualification. They are looking for someone who has a passion to deliver a high quality care and education to young children.
My client take children between the ages of 0 to 5 years and their aim is to provide high quality childcare in a setting where children are excited to come each day.
Equally important is to provide you, as parents, with a setting where you feel happy to leave your children, knowing that they are safe, valued and loved.
Your daily duties will include:
- Contribute to good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness in the nursery.
- Look upon the nursery as a "whole" where can your help be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of children.
- To respect the confidentiality of all information received.
- To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of all individual children.
- To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communications with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs.
- To be aware of all emergency and Fire Safety procedures.
- To attend team meetings and participate in sharing ideas.
- Providing all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding.
- To assist with meeting the personal, social and emotional needs of individual children.
- To provide adult interaction with children in the nursery.
- To attend all training relevant to the role and deemed appropriate by the manager/training provider.
- To be aware of the nursery’s confidentiality policy and all other policies the manager deems appropriate.
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- To be understanding and able to give encouragement.
- An understanding of children's physical, social, intellectual and emotional development.
- Stamina and a lot of energy.
- Patience and tolerance.
- A sense of fun.
- Creativity and imagination.
- A good level of Maths & English required.
- Opportunity to stay and progress within the company.
Training to be provided
- Children & Young Peoples Workforce – Level 2
- Rota Work- 7.30am – 6pm
- Total hours per week: 40.00
Expected apprenticeship duration
- 12 months
- Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- 14 May 2018
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80935551