Retail Trainee Manager
Our client has a fantastic opportunity for a Trainee Manager to join their team based in Leatherhead. Joining on a full time permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £20,248 + Bonus.
Our client wants to be the only place people think about when they want to buy wine. So, if you’ve got a passion for wine, customers and operational excellence, they want you to apply and start an exciting and ambitious journey to become a retail leader.
The Trainee Manager role:
Our client’s job is to help customers discover and buy wines that they will love! You’ll start your career at the heart of their business as a Trainee Manager. Put simply, you’ll spend your time:
- Delivering exceptional service to every customer, in-store and out on deliveries in our vans, so they keep coming back
- Using your growing wine wizardry to help us dispel the belief that wine is a pompous product, bring wine to life and help our customers find and buy wines they love
- Helping to run a smooth operation, ensuring your store is spick and span, fully stocked and a great place to shop
- Being a team player and contributing to your store success and sales targets
- Learning. With plenty of hands on experience and regular visits to the Support Centre, we’ll arm you with all the knowledge you need to become a future retail guru. As for wine, through training, tastings and study we’ll give you all the tools and support you need to sit the WSET Level 2, and pass with flying colours to become a fully-fledged wine wizard
Show them you can do it, and after a successful 12 months and completion of your WSET 2, you’ll be well on your way to achieving that promotion. They have brand new intensive training programmes in place in store, and at their support centre, to make the most of your desire and ambition.
Skills and Experience required of their Trainee Manager:
- You could be a fresh graduate, a seasoned retail or hospitality professional or someone looking for a total career change
- A natural leader, you’re humble, more than happy to roll your sleeves up and muck in, and you enjoy working hand in hand within a close-knit team
- You live, think and breathe customer
- You certainly don’t have to be an expert, but you have a real enthusiasm for learning about wine, and sharing that with our customers and your team
- A natural salesperson
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability
- Retail is hard work, it suits active people. You love and crave working relentlessly hard, and do it with a sparky, gutsy, determination
- You have a degree or relevant qualification in any subject, or proven relevant work experience
- You have held a full driving license (that’s valid in the UK) for at least 12 months, and are over twenty years old
Benefits of becoming their Trainee Manager:
- 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays
- 20% staff discount, for you and two of our family or friends, free lunch Fridays
- Store bonus schemes
- Industry Leading Training and WSET Qualification/s, invites to wine tasting events and educational travel opportunities
- A contributory company Pension Plan
- Free shares to share in the future success of the business
- Life Assurance (3 x salary)
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as their Trainee Manager then please click ‘apply’ now, they would love to hear from you!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80936197