Purchasing Manager, London beauty brand
Our client is a leading beauty brand who supply giftable beauty products to leading UK retailers. Their impressive customer list includes leading retailers including John Lewis, Boots, Superdrug, alongside supermarket and high street retail chains.
They are seeking an experienced Purchasing Manager to join their growing team and support the company’s continued growth. The successful candidate will have at least 3+ years’ experience purchasing product from the Far East, be an excellent negotiator, highly organised, and have significant experience in a similar role within the Gift, Beauty, Home or Stationery industries.
Your role as Purchasing Manager will include:
- Raising PO’s with suppliers in the Far East & Europe.
- Maintain and seek to improve margin on production.
- Continued negotiation of cost prices and best terms.
- Coordinate completion of manufactured goods in timely manner.
- Pursuing late and short production.
- Lead the Sales Forecasting and stock planning process.
- Communicate with the Sales Teams, Customer Services and key Customers to develop accurate Sales Forecasting.
- Continuously improve the accuracy of forecasting of stock.
- Use the Supply Plans to schedule and plan the raising of purchase orders Ensure forecasting/planning is focused on maximising business.
- Ensure ‘best sellers’ lines are never out of stock, but not overstocked.
- Create and develop productive analysis to improve all areas of stock holding within the business.
- Use data and analysis to continuously improve accuracy of the forecasting and planning.
- Analyse and report on the inventory performance and identify where improvements/opportunities can be made.
- Analyse Customer ordering patterns and collaborate with the company’s Sales Teams improve forecast/planning and stock availability.
As Purchasing Manager you will have the following qualities:
- Already working within a similar role with a minimum 3 years’ experience.
- Must have experience with both Far East & European suppliers.
- Excellent analytical, forecasting and numerical skills (extremely important to this role).
- Knowledge of the Gift, Beauty, Home or Stationery industries.
- Have experience and understanding of working in a small business, and the fast-changing dynamic of this environment.
- Experience of working within timeframes and adhering to deadlines for all tasks.
- Sound decision-making skills and the ability to plan, prioritise and present financial strategies.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Enthusiasm and flexibility are essential within this family run business.
- Advanced excel skills.
Why you’ll love this job:
- Joining a close-knit, family run business.
- Great opportunity to join a growing brand.
- Creative, fast-paced working environment.
What they’ll love about you:
- You build solid relationships quickly & easily.
- You’re a natural problem solver and an incredible multitasker.
- Your flexible, pro-active approach - you’re a real team player.
If you are the Purchasing Manager this company is looking for, get in touch and send us your CV today!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80919922