Web Content Editor - bilingual Welsh essential
Our client is based in Cardiff Bay and are looking to recruit a Web Content Editor who is fluent in both written and spoken Welsh (Essential)
One of the responsibilities of the organisation is to provide accurate, accessible information about its policies, activities and services. The primary medium for communicating with a diverse public is their website. The Web Content Editor maintains an editorial overview of the content and quality of their websites, achieving a positive and consistent approach to internal and external communications on our internet and intranet sites.
- Web management- manages, reviews and coordinates all content design and information for use on our web sites
- Maintenance - manages the metadata and information structure of the website and intranet:
- monitoring and reporting on functionality and performance
- ensuring that information is current and up to date
- liaising with ICT colleagues (as necessary) regarding the performance of the website and intranet
- providing reports on web traffic and usage
- Social media - Be the creative vision behind all digital platforms, having editorial responsibility for production and delivery
- Mailchimp/Eventbrite -manage the output of both accounts
- Content - ensures that our online content reflects brand values and meets the highest possible standards of accessibility
- Promotion - identifies opportunities to secure presence and profile on other platforms
- Development - exploits the potential of electronic communications media (including social networks) to communicate information, news and events
- Reputation Management - monitors the reporting and discussion on social media of the organisations activities
- Relevant degree and/or extensive professional experience with a successful track record of the management of website/intranet content and social media channels.
- Knowledge of equal opportunities issues, particularly in relation to good practice in the provision of the standards of website accessibility.
- Knowledge of the Data Protection Act.
- Understanding of a wide range of content management systems, social media management tools and analytic tools.
- Information architecture usability and web design principles experience.
- Track record of sourcing, preparing and distributing compelling social media content.
- Skilled at writing concise copy and accurately editing content for website/intranet and social media channels.
- Experience of producing reports.
- The ability to prioritise and to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Capable of making decisions within the established framework and understanding the processes and procedures around those decisions.
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders and build and maintain relationships with clients and outside agencies.
- A flexible and adaptable attitude to the developing needs of the team.
- Commitment to high standards of customer care.
- Will be required to work unsocial hours, on occasions, as the need arises and travel beyond the office base.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80929392