Category Manager / Buyer - Smart Home
The Smart Home category is one of the fastest growing categories in the electrical market with great opportunities for continued growth focusing on sub categories such as voice control, Smart heating, Smart lighting & Smart Security & Monitoring.
As the Category Manager for Smart Home we need you to be commercially astute, creative, analytical, & driven in order to continue to develop & grow this dynamic category! You will manage end to end product life cycles, travel to trade shows and work with very innovative products. We are looking for you if you have a passion for Smart Technology and the wish to manage a small team.
Working within our Computing Department and the Smart Home Category specific, means working in a tight knitted team. You will develop and implement the category plan to deliver the sales, margin and stock budgets. Maximise margin delivery by managing suppliers efficiently and providing a range to meet customer needs.
- Ensure that the category is always striving for a market leading range.
- Establish credible relationships with suppliers to ensure the best cost, best supply and best delivery for our customers.
- Be aware of the market place activity and innovations. Using this information to ensure that the category is performing.
- Working side by side with the merchandisers to ensure all metrics are hit across sales and stock.
You will need;
- Experience at (Assistant) Category Manager level with knowledge and experience of: Supplier negotiation, Supplier relationship management.
- Good commercial awareness and appreciation of customer needs.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel.
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80933299