Service Asset and Configuration Manager (SACM)
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
The role will ensure that the IT assets or Configuration Items (CI's) required to deliver IT services are properly controlled, accurate, and reliable information about those CI's is accessible when and where it is needed. This information includes details of where assets are located, how those assets have been configured and the relationships between Configuration items.
The primary role of the Service Asset and Configuration Lead is to be the custodian and guardian of all assets and documentation, CIs registered within the asset, and configuration management system and to manage the processes and procedures required to maintain accuracy of the IT Asset Database and the Configuration Management Database.
Scope of Responsibility
· Accounting for, managing and protecting the integrity of CIs throughout the service lifecycle
· CMDB Accuracy by performing Audits on CI relationships
· Assess situations, issues and opportunities and escalate when appropriate.
· Acting as a point of escalation on complex issues and providing appropriate support to other team members
· Ensure best practice and continual improvement in delivery of service to the business.
· Ensuring the integrity of service assets and configuration items through an established CMDB
· Introduce, build and maintain logical models, containing the components of the IT infrastructure (CIs) and their associations.
What do we need from you?!
· ITIL V3 Service Transition or ITIL v3
· Previous experience in a Service Asset and Configuration Management role.
· Confident leader with excellent presentation and communication skills and with a demonstrable track record of motivating others
· Leadership - ability to direct and motivate immediate team and other colleagues
· Ability to quickly assimilate knowledge from outside own area of expertise
· Excellent inter-personal and communications skills and able to communicate at board level
· Influencing skills
· Naturally applies an attention to detail and is process driven
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
· Some understanding of multi-tiered applications and how hardware and software components link together.
· Understanding of ITIL Service Asset and Configuration Management.
· Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle.
· Other Attributes:
· Plan and organise own workload and consider the requirements of others.
· Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with members of all IT teams.
· Self motivated ability to initiate and complete tasks to deadlines.
· As this job is highly demanding and deadline-oriented, needs to be very flexible and must be able to work well under pressure
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.