25090217002, Domestic Electrician
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To install, maintain service and repair electrical installations, circuits and wiring systems across the prison site.
What will this role involve?
- Maintain and repair electrical installations in accordance with the Regulations
- Replace circuits and consumer units indulging the full rewiring of properties
- Comply with Company Health and Safety Policy, the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, and other statutory legislation
- Strict adherence to Company Health and Safety and operational policies
- Compliance with instructions and directives from line management and the Central Co-ordination Team
- Delivery of electrical repairs and testing across all areas of the prison site
What are we looking for?
- Level 3 Electrical qualification. City & Guilds or equivalent
- 17th Edition Electrical Wiring Regulations
- Current full UK driving licence
- Time management
- Basic computer literacy
- Knowledge and understanding of personal health and safety, method statements and risk assessments
- Required technical skills
- Demonstrable previous work related experience
- Time served apprenticeship
- Self-motivated Interpersonal skills
- Able to work without supervision
- Accurate measuring and scoping of works
- Good knowledge of current industry practice Problem solving Able to test / fault find / and install
What makes this role unique?
You will test and inspect electrical installations across all areas of the prison in accordance with the 17th IEE wiring regulations as amended from time to time (“the regulations).