Application Support Team Leader - Azure
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
This role has responsibilities for the management, support and efficient running of a portfolio of business apps running on Azure. We are heading toward a DevOps structure and this role is ideally positioned to lead that.
This role will grow as
1/ the business insources more and more of the e-com development work (in your hands) and
2/ as the business trades more and more on-line (high on the priorities of the board and their business strategy)
Working within the Technology Support team you will support the ongoing development and customisation of the systems. You will support and operate multiple applications, be responsible for monitoring, housekeeping, have sufficient product knowledge, write scripts, understand the flow of data and diagnostics.
You'll provide 2nd line support to internal users, with a small team of 1st line analysts reporting to you (1 or 2 but this should grow). You'll also use your expertise and experience to help continually improve the tech support team processes and working practices, actively enabling the department to become as efficient and effective as it can be.
So what do we need from you?!
· Educated to a degree level in a technically related subject
· ITIL V3
· Microsoft Azure
· Microsoft Dynamics
· SQL Server
· Power BI
· Leadership - ability to direct and motivate immediate team and other colleagues
· Ability to quickly assimilate knowledge from outside own area of expertise
· Track record in reviewing and improving processes.
· Influencing skills
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
· Project Management
· Ability to manage priorities across the business and IT to ensure an appropriate level of support is provided for outstanding problems and incidents
· Proven knowledge to support at least one aspect of IT service delivery
· Agile methodology
· Passionate about ensuring that all products and services are delivered in the best possible way, with customer focus driving security
· Looks to leverage knowledge, experience, approaches/solutions from different parts of the Group.
· Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with the IT senior management team and members of other IT support teams.
· Self-motivated to learn a broad set of technologies and be willing to self-learn when necessary
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.