Group Financial Accountant
We serve large corporate and Government clients through our business primarily in the UK, Germany, France, Belgium and Switzerland. In addition we operate internal service provider functions in countries such as USA, Spain, Hungary, South Africa, Mexico and Malaysia. We also serve our customers global requirements through our extensive partner network.
The business is currently achieving strong organic service revenue growth in individual countries, as well as winning significant global managed services contracts. Computacenter has completed the implementation of a SAP based Group ERP system, which has enabled the business to operate a consistent model on a European basis. This and other organisational changes continue to create new opportunities within the Group Finance organisation which has resulted in a requirement for a Group Financial Accountant.
Competitive Salary + Attractive Benefits Package
The role reports to the Group Financial Accounting Manager within a highly visible team based at Computacenter's flagship HQ campus in Hatfield, Hertfordshire. Whilst operating within a wider team that is responsible for all Board level and external reporting the role will initially focus on the following areas:
- Executing the monthly Group Consolidation including ownership, management and continuous development of the process.
- Production of various Group Reporting outputs to Senior Management and the Board including the monthly board packs
- Deliver, as part of a wider team, the Interim Report and Annual Report & Accounts as part of a team for this FTSE 250 listed Plc
- Consolidation of budgets and forecasts, as well as monthly, quarterly, and year-end results; ensuring their compliance with Group policies and IFRS.
- Assisting in the review and analysing of monthly figures, and providing useful cashflow insight to the business
- Performing various types of ad-hoc analysis
The ongoing and future opportunities include:
- Work on a project team to continue to implement a new consolidation and group reporting system rolling out across the business
- Assist with the documentation update of existing processes and Group Policy Manual
- The rollout of a Technical Accounting Desk using SharePoint 2013
- Technical accounting reviews of commercial operations
- Undertake ad hoc projects for the Group Head of Financial Reporting
- Assist with researching technical IFRS issues, drafting summary papers explaining the issue and potential impact, and presenting findings to senior management
- Assisting with the upcoming adoption of IFRS-16
- Exposure to the Company Secretarial department and its functions to gain a broader understanding of filing requirements and company law
- Assist with Treasury and Tax accounting
- A strong academic background with a big four background and relevant newly qualified or exam qualified accountancy qualifications (ACA / ACCA);
- Experience of consolidation accounting and statutory account preparation under IFRS / FRS 101;
- Strong technical accounting experience;
- MS Word and Excel required, PowerPoint and SharePoint would be an advantage;
- The ability to communicate complex accounting issues simply;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship management skills;
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Good administrative and organisational skills;
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work independently;
- Have the presence and the ability to develop strong internal relationships across the Group with all key stakeholders;
- Fluency in English is mandatory - French or German as an additional language is an advantage.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80924360