Senior Software Engineer
An engineering and technology company are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work within the software team developing software for automotive control units. Developing real time embedded software for a range of complex real time electronics systems.
Commutable from: Bristol, Gloucester, Bath, Newbury, Chippenham, Swindon, Stroud
Salary: £ 30,000 - £ 60,000 p.a. dependent on experience - Excellent benefits package
Suitable for: Electronic Software Engineer, Control Systems Software Engineer, Automotive Software Engineer, Senior Software Engineer
As Senior Software Engineer you will develop real time embedded software for a range of complex real time electronics systems. And will be responsible for the following requirements;
- Develop Device Drivers on a range of silicon platforms.
- Autosar BSW configuration
- The Senior Software Engineer will provide analysis of high level requirements into efficient algorithms.
- Control system design and simulation of control algorithms using high level modelling tools
- Fast prototyping of complex ideas onto an embedded platform in C programming language.
- Experience with auto generated code and its integration (e.g. Mathlab/Simulink/RTW, Dspace, SCADE etc..)
- Develop digital communication interfaces and drivers, for instance Ethernet.
- Debug real time software issues using a range of techniques and tools.
- Integration of software with hardware and mechanics.
- Start-up mentality, dynamic, independent
- Ability to take projects from concept to high volume production.
- Ability to work with suppliers.
- Support technical gate reviews
- A Degree qualified Senior Software Engineer with experience in bare-metal low level microprocessor software development.
- Strong background in real time embedded C. Experience in debugging complex software problems.
- Experience working with embedded RTOS.
- Experience in defining software level requirements and design using UML.
- Knowledge of implications of ISO26262 for Safety Critical software development.
- Knowledge of CAN, LIN, Ethernet and Autosar.
- Knowledge of how to configure Autosar BSW using tools such as DaVinci Developer
- Software Configuration Management tools (source control, continuous integration, etc.).
- As Senior Software Engineer you will have the ability to plan and estimate development tasks (ideally within an Agile framework).
- Experience with unit/acceptance testing and writing testable code.
- Experience of designing control algorithms and software for embedded real time systems
- Demonstrable industrial C/C++ experience preferably in an automotive environment.
- Ideally the Senior Software Engineer will have experience in defining software level requirements.
- IBM Rational Toolchain - Doors, Rhapsody, RTC. Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow / Embedded Coder
For further information please contact James Speller on 07557 923976 or 01789 201040.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80905731