NI Field Telecom Engineer
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Field Telecoms Engineer to take responsibility for delivering field telecom engineering services across Northern Ireland, including SDH, fibre cable, power and installation/commissioning work.
What the role offers:
- Competitive annual salary of £30,000 pa
- Mileage paid (options available) - must have own vehicle
- Company laptop computer, mobile phone, and tools provided
- Generous annual paid holiday allowance (25 days per annum, plus bank holidays)
- Full time work directly contracted from May 2018 to April 2019 (12 months).
- Initial equipment/process training provided by the Network Operator
The responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Attending telecom site locations across Northern Ireland to carry out installation and commissioning of Telecoms Multi-Service Access Node equipment, working alongside a Network Operator Engineer.
- Install equipment according to the designs provided by the customer
- Commission the equipment to the required specification
- Functional testing of the equipment using optical power meters
- Whilst carrying out site activities on transport network equipment, ensuring work is performed efficiently, effectively and according to H&S guidelines
- Maintain effective contact with customer and partners
- Monitoring/Reporting on progress in line with schedule
Must have/be the following:
- Experience of carrying out relevant Optical Transport/SDH field Telecoms Installation and Commissioning projects.
- Knowledge of telecoms DC power systems, cable termination, circuit testing etc.
- Competent and trained in site safety considerations and requirements.
- Ability to work under pressure and to realistic deadlines.
- Microsoft Office user with suitable IT skills.
- Home address in Northern Ireland, ideally in the Belfast area but other locations considered.
- Driver with own transport, willing to travel in own vehicle to/from depot and carry out work in field/remote locations across Northern Ireland as required/directed.
- Methodical, organised and resourceful with an eye for detail.
- Available to work on a long term direct contract basis.
- Able/willing to complete a skills matrix via email and interview on Skype.
Ideally competent in the following:
- Installation of infrastructure equipment, runways, risers, modular ironwork, fibre duct etc.
- Fibre cable patching, inspection and testing.
- Copper cable termination, crimp, coax, continuity/fluke testing.
- Familiar with test & measurement equipment such as Optical Power Meters.
Please send a CV detailing your relevant experience and including full contact details for immediate and confidential consideration.
This is an urgent requirement so if you wish to be considered.
Don't delay...apply today!
We appreciate the need for discretion, especially where applications are received from individuals currently working, so you can rest assured that if you apply for an opportunity through us your details will be handled in confidence.
Thanks for your time…we look forward to hearing from you.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80911003