Legal Revenue Controller
An exciting and challenging opportunity for a well experienced Revenue Controller from a legal background to take a step up in their career. It provides the platform to demonstrate your true capabilities under the stewardship of a reputable and successful law firm.
The client is a top 10 law firm with a global presence, having over 10 offices in more than 4 different countries. With a headcount of over 2,000 employees, they are big on expansion and pride themselves on organic growth and development. The training and atmosphere at this company is what heightens the passion, performance and retention of their employees. It makes for a great place to work and would be an amazing opportunity to excel in ones career.
The key responsibilities include:
- As directed by Team Leader, actively work with all stakeholders to ensure PG/Team meets monthly, billing and quarterly cash and lock up targets.
- Supporting, preparing information for and attending monthly revenue review meetings with designated Partners and Associates, to cover all aspects of WIP, debt, disbursements, client monies, time management and billing.
- Provide client fee breakdowns to partners, advising if fees are approaching fee cap as per retainer letters and the monitoring of transactions until completion. The use of ARCS 2G to accurately report matter progress.
- Supporting the business in relation to on-line Paperless pre-bill processing including training and floor-walking.
- Deal with all billing queries raised throughout the month and facilitate quick query resolution.
- Management of monthly billing process including review of partner's proformas, the assigning of them to monthly codes to ensure partners review and action proformas and the offshore team bill them.
- Post-month end analysis of deferred proformas including follow-ups with partners. Updates recorded in ARCS 2G.
- As directed, assist in Credit Control activities including follow ups with partners on outstanding invoices, contacting clients on behalf of partners, reviewing provisioned invoices, playing an active role in team hitting its cash target, managing debt progress in ARCS 2G and answering e mails from assigned Credit Controller.
- Work with E-Billing team to provide updates where necessary.
- Supporting Cashiering function on query resolution, cash allocation and client funds.
- Assist with the various Client Matter Opening Team queries in terms of client entities, rates, addresses as directed by Team Leader.
- Regular reminders to partners on working at risk matters, monitoring of progress and management of information to allow efficient and timely billing.
- Regular review of missing time and chasing of timekeepers as appropriate.
- Dealing with various AP related queries including status of 3rd party invoices and answering queries relating to anticipated costs and unpaid invoices.
- Assist Team Leader with partner/client reports as necessary through the use of Elite/BI/Qlikview.
- Maintaining professional regulatory standards and knowledge, e.g. UK VAT requirements & Solicitors Accounts Rules.
- Liaising with other Business Service teams offering support and assistance where required.
- Undertaking any other duties as required by Team leader and Practice Group Manager.
- Assisting in the FRS process as required.
- Tracking of volume discounts and rebates where necessary.
- Setting up and monitoring of secondments and advising partners and assistants of the process.
The successful candidate would be:
- Legal experience essential
- Previous experience of working in a similar Finance role essential
- Knowledge of Elite systems will be important
- Able to influence partners
- Ability to learn quickly and operate in a rapidly evolving organisation
Salary of up to £40,000
Working hours of 9-5:30pm
Competitive benefits package
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80915128