We need a commercially minded Management Accountant, either Qualified or Part Qualified, you may even be QBE! Your role will be to supervise the accounting / admin and IT functions of the group and to contribute to the overall efficiency of the group operations. We’re and SME so a proven experience of people who are happy to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in is a must. We’re a down to earth business with a great culture!
SALARY: £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience
LOCATION: Newport Pagnell
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Milton Keynes, Bedford, Northampton.
We need a commercially minded Management Accountant to supervise the accounting /admin and IT functions of the group and to contribute to the overall efficiency of the group operations. We’re and SME so a proven experience of people who are happy to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in is a must. We’re a down to earth business with a great culture!
SALARY: £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience + Study package
LOCATION: Newport Pagnell
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR – Management Accountant
DAY TO DAY JOB SPECIFICATION –
No day will be the same and we’re looking for someone who can get stuck in. The group businesses are every changing and growing and we’re keen for someone who can work in an ambiguous and autonomous environment. We envisage your role will include the following but will also include much more!
* Oversee the day to day activities of the accounts/administration team.
* Assist with preparation of the monthly management accounts.
* Assist with preparation of the annual statutory accounts and year-end schedules.
* Prepare HMRC VAT return by due date.
* Assist with preparation of annual budgets and budgetary control.
* Nominal Ledger control account reconciliations and month-end purchase and sales
* Prepare monthly bank reconciliations – GBP and currency accounts.
* Enter sundry cash payments/receipts in WinMan system.
* Maintain the Fixed Asset Registers and company vehicle database.
* Prepare quarterly HMRC EC Sales list by due date.
* Inventory control and perpetual stock taking.
* Assist with preparation of annual P11D returns and monitor HMRC P11D dispensation.
* Compliance with statutory reporting requirements including WEEE, batteries, Waste Packaging and PCI.
* Dealing with accounting and stock queries as necessary and with matters arising in the absence of the company accountant.
* Assist with the development of the company’s computer systems.
* Cover other job functions in the department due to holidays and absence, as required.
Projects will all be related to – Margin, New markets, New Product Opportunity, New Customers, Cost saving across Fixed Assets, running live product trials, Financial Planning and Analysis around various growth strategies and an opportunity to get involved with the running of an Online Retail Channel.
* Proven experience in a similar role.
* Able to demonstrate examples of career progression within an Accounts environment.
* Computer literate and minimum intermediate level in Microsoft Excel.
* Able to work in a team environment and motivate and supervise staff.
* Good analytical ability.
* Qualified or Part-qualified and actively studying for a recognised Accountancy qualification (preferred)
* Self-motivated who enjoys taking responsibility for projects of work through to completion.
* Flexible, adaptable and confident dealing with a varied workload.
* A team member who is willing to be hands-on and able to meet deadlines.
* Good communications skills, written and verbal and able to communicate effectively at all levels.
* Strong time management and organisational skills.
COMPANY PROFILE - Management Accountant
An established business with a fantastic history and product range, this environment offers the right candidate an opportunity to see the results of their work and to test their commercial Flair.
The business is lively, forward thinking as well as supportive of its staff.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets and worked with the following products and/or services: Accountant, Management Accountant, Financial Accountant, Finance Manager, QBE, Part Qualified Accountant, PQ Accountant.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Philip Monkman quoting Management Accountant reference PM14762 to DD: Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: . Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80923558