Lead Developer - Multiplayer Physics Game
On bad days we make good games. On good days we make genres. Bossa Studios is always focusing on making original, never before seen experiences.
We're developing a physics-based game that will rock the core of what multiplayer means to our players. You'll be joining a small, lean team where every single member is empowered to have a significant impact on the overall direction of the game. This is a player-focussed team - we'll be constantly watching others play our game and asking ourselves what we can learn to improve.
We're looking for a Lead Developer with experience in C# and Unity to set the technical direction of the game, and work with the game's Producer to manage the workflow of 3-4 other developers on the team. You'll bring Unity expertise and experience in running multiplayer projects.
- Designing code architecture; implementing, debugging and optimising systems to extend the game feature set
- Acting as a leader and mentor to the other developers on the team, setting examples of technical best practices throughout the project
- Ensuring quality of the code you write, creating amazing gameplay experiences in a clean, efficient, and polished way
- Helping your team at large with solving technical issues
- Supporting your fellow programmers with code, design reviews
- Participating in all of Bossa’s games life cycles with suggestions and feedback as well as generating new game concept during our regular game jams
- Care for providing great experience to players, proving out great ideas never seen before and growing them together with our gaming community
- Yearning for improvement through honest feedback from your peers and the community
- Belief that “the best way” is not written in stone and changes for the better are welcome
- A sense of initiative and proactivity in bringing solutions that contributes to the outstanding quality of our games
- Passion for making and playing games across genres
- Creative, innovative, and conscientious in solving complex technical problems
- Focused but adaptable; flexible and open to change within a fast-paced team environment
- Experience with Unity
- Experience with delivering code for multiplayer games, having shipped at least 1 complete multiplayer game
- Experience working on a physics-based game project is considered a strong asset
We have quarterly game jams, where you can help figure out what our next big game will be, possibility for flexible working hours, 22+ days of holiday a year and whole lot more amazing benefits here at Bossa!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80912658