Head of Risk & Compliance - FTSE 250
Provide advice and support to stakeholders and lead a team of Risk & Compliance Partners to ensure that risks and issues across the Group are appropriately identified and managed.
FTSE 250 Group company who do everything we can to support their people so that they can be themselves and realise their potential. They have open plan offices with an informal dress code where you'll get to work with friendly and supportive colleagues.
- Engage with stakeholders on BAU and change activities to ensure risk and compliance matters are appropriately identified.
- Work with stakeholders, directly and through a team of Risk & Compliance Partners, to propose and agree actions required to mitigate key risks.
- Provide advice and support which enables management to make informed decisions which reflect regulatory expectations and risks.
- Enhance and maintain an effective risk management culture through training.
- Represent Risk & Compliance at relevant meetings and committees (deputising for Chief Risk Officer when required) and third party providers and partners as necessary.
- Support the Chief Risk Officer in building and maintaining an effective Risk & Compliance framework through which risks can be identified and managed to ensure the business meets regulatory requirements and expectations.
- Manage the implementation of risk and compliance framework across operational and change activities.
- Provide guidance and advice on compliance with key regulatory rules and principles.
- Lead and motivate a team of Risk & Compliance Partners in their advisory activities and personal development.
- Retain up to date knowledge of all applicable UK legislation, codes of practice, industry guidelines and best practice (including, but not limited to FCA, ICO, OFGEM, ASA and CMA) that have the potential to impact the Group.
- Maintain network of relevant external relationships to assist in understanding of trends and developments within risk and compliance.
An ability to get to the heart of complex problems and provide innovative solution whilst being credible and trustworthy.
- Strong understanding of a range of risk management frameworks (including but not limited to operational, conduct, financial, data protection and information security).
- Good understanding of emerging UK and European legislation (eg IDD, GDPR), codes of practice and industry guidelines.
- Strong communications skills, both orally and in writing across all levels of management.
- Ability to form close working relationships and influence senior stakeholders.
- Ability to operate effectively within a fast paced organisation.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
Nice to have:
- Experience of online and digital operations
- Risk Management or Compliance qualification (CeMap/FPC or equivalent)
- Competitive salaries plus standard benefits including 27 days holiday, a health cash plan, life assurance and bonus potential, as well as the option to flex a range of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
- FTSE 250
- UK based
- London based
- Head of Risk & Compliance
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80923392