Evaluate enquiries and propose to the customer the optimum technical solution utilising the full product offering. To provide a detailed technical and commercial bid in compliance with the Company's commercial and margin policies. This role is primarily office based with 30-35% of the time being reserved for customer sales visits at the request of the Sales Manager.
Mission statement - 'to be recognised as a world class supplier in our market place by pursuing a relentless programme of excellence in Product Quality, Customer Service, On Time Delivery and Cost Performance'
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
Produce periodical reports as requested by the business
Reply to the demands of the business within acceptable timescales
Be easy to work with - we want future business
Liaise with internal departments to support customer service on all levels
* Evaluate enquiries and determine the optimum technical solution utilising sizing programmes, engineering principles and eSales, ensuring compliance and listing exceptions where necessary
* Evaluate the commercial aspects of the enquiry ensuring we comply and listing exceptions where compliance is not possible.
* Produce an accurate and professional proposal, including a breakdown of all items, whilst taking into account margin requirements in a timely manner. Ensure compliance and list exceptions where necessary.
* Obtain / negotiate prices from potential sub suppliers.
* Liaise with customers, suppliers and design agencies to determine and define specifications.
* Visit industry contractors and major fabricators to promote products and services. Track and follow-up all major worldwide pipeline equipment projects.
* Promote sales within overseas agents and relevant sales management networks worldwide and make appropriate reports and recommendations. Identify and develop additional sales channels where necessary.
* Take part in weekly sales meetings / calls with the Sales Manager to highlight project opportunities.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Experienced in the Oil, Gas and Process Industries with a HND(or Equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering. Proven sales record with sound commercial experience in a relevant industry sector. Capable of reading and understanding engineering drawings and complex specifications
Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
Building Customer Loyalty - Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Communication - Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others' thoughts and actions. Engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Continuous Improvement - Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; identifying improvement opportunities; generating ideas, and implementing solutions.
Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new ideas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
Contributing to Team Success - Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
Managing Work - Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completely efficiently.
Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80909249