Maintenance Engineer / Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer (4 on 4 off - Days & Nights - £36, 500) & (4 on 4 off - Days - £33, 000)
Reporting to the Shift Engineering Supervisor, the key objective of this role is to undertake planned preventative maintenance activities and reactive maintenance to ensure optimum lead and motivate the QA team in monitoring and evaluating product and processing systems and factory practices to ensure agreed standards of quality and food safety are achieved and improved upon and in addition to take a lead in generating and building a quality culture.
* Provide full emergency breakdown cover for all plant and services.
* To carry out repair works to the highest standard.
* Complete all work sheets and report any follow ups required, including Planned Maintenance work sheets, handover sheets.
* Observe and report all problem areas on all plant and services.
* Work as a team with all other members of the factory team.
* Maintain a high standard of work and promote good housekeeping throughout the factory and workshops.
* To always ensure that Health and Safety issues are treated with the highest priority at all times.
* Administer, monitor, analyse and update machine history data using the engineering management system.
* Provide first line cover in all machinery problems.
* Be proactive with ideas for improving the plant and engineering.
* To ensure that all plant is running efficiently and safely.
* Provide full back-up to all problem areas in a speedy and safe manner.
* Full use of engineering resource as required.
* Provide full support to the Engineering Department in order to carry out all works in an efficient and economical manner.
* Provide ideas on cost cutting measures.
4 on 4 off Days and Nights (7am - 7pm / 7pm - 7am) £36, 500
4 on 4 off Days (7am - 7pm) £33, 000
Time Served Engineer / Apprentice Trained
HND / HNC Electrical or Mechanical
ONC / OND Electrical or Mechnical
The candidate must have the ability to be able to provide stand alone electrical maintenance and have previous experience in a similar role within a manufacturing environment. Ideally have the ability to fault find to PLC level.
A multi sited manufacturer operating with a 'Lean' policy.
How to Apply
Please send your CV to
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80927169