Our Underwriters in Zurich Municipal underwrite all lines of business, offering a truly bespoke and personalised service to our customers in the Public Sector. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to further their career as an Underwriter.
- Deliver against underwriting & financial measures as outlined in the plan
- Demonstrate market visibility & underwriting expertise
- Develop, maintain & collaborate with Line of Business representatives on referrals and other business related needs, as appropriate
- Provide guidance & coaching to colleagues
- Qualify accounts to meet with the organisation's appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity
- Accurately select, assess and price risk in line with underwriting guidance
- Make clear recommendations for market pricing, backed up by strong rationale and confident decision making
- Have an external presence within the Public Sector visiting our customers regularly ensuring you fully understand their risk & insurance requirements
- Cross-Sell other lines of business to increase product density within your portfolio of risks
- Serve as a key Zurich contact for our customers
Your skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills
- Underwriting experience within a General Insurance product
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively assess risk
- Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing, regulations and guidelines
- Superior skills in relationship building, active listening, needs analysis and win-win negotiating
- Cert or DiP CII Qualified or actively working towards accreditation
In return we are offering an attractive salary plus a generous benefits package including bonus and defined contribution pension scheme. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
Who we are:
Looking for a career that will excite, challenge and inspire you? Thinking about insurance? Perhaps you should. Working for us is a totally different experience to what you probably expect. How do you feel about the things you truly love? Don’t you want to protect them in the best way possible? Imagine if you could help people do this all over the world. You’d give them confidence and reassurance by protecting what they love most. This is no easy task. In today’s interconnected world, tackling risk is fast, unpredictable and invigorating. You’ll have to think on your feet as you manage risks big and small, from flooding to cyber crime. You’ll be tackling issues like these in over 170 countries. It’s a big challenge, but you’ll have a truly diverse network helping you. As part of an international team, every day would provide opportunities to learn, grow and share ideas.
As you make an impact across borders, you’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome, regardless of age, gender, religion, ability, culture, sexual orientation or mental health status. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We're also happy to consider flexible working arrangements and welcome applications from everyone.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80913140