Brewster Pratap Engineering Division are pleased to be working with a Sheffield based manufacturing and engineering business, part of a larger group.
The company provide Engineering Electronic products to transportation, industrial, medical, and aerospace and defence markets across the world.
The Engineering Manager will lead a team of engineers to drive innovation and new product development, as well as supporting the existing product portfolio through product and production process improvements.
The successful candidate will have a track record of delivering new products/technology , and be a team player, comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary environment as part of a small team.
The key aspects of this role:
- You will be a key member of the management team responsible for developing and delivering new products on cost, budget and to specification
- Drive growth and innovation through the development of a robust technology roadmap to support the medium and long term strategy of the business
- Effectively manage the transition of new products into production, as well as identifying and implementing improvements in the production engineering processes for existing products
- Continuous improvement of the product development process in close coordination with Product Management and Sales
- Leadership of the engineering team, including resource allocation and workload prioritisation
- Effectively manage development projects from concept to production in a timely and cost effective manner, ensuring milestones and goals are met
- Contribute to the development of product roadmaps in conjunction with product management
- Partner with other functions in the business as required to support the development of new opportunities; the resolution of quality issues and the delivery of cost improvements
- Build a strong team by effectively recruiting, motivating and developing individuals in a strong team environment. Build organisational and talent development capability including succession plans
The business are looking for someone with experience of:
- Leadership in technology management or development
- Leadership in team and project management
- Good engineering skillset - ideally with a solid understanding/experience of both new product development, and production engineering
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and an ability to influence at all levels in the organisation
In your application, you can prove:
- Experience of effectively leading and managing an engineering team
- Experience and track record of delivery in new product development
- Production engineering experience
- University degree in a relevant engineering/physical science discipline
- Experience of managing developments spanning multiple disciplines, for example mechanical, electronics, software
- Excellent communication skills and good customer influence/interaction
- Strong organisational, multi-tasking and time-management skills
This is a fantastic role for an experienced Engineering Manager and will offer a top class salary package.
Brewster Pratap Engineering is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in engineering, technical and operations jobs in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of accountancy and finance recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on engineering Jobs, engineering recruitment, manufacturing Jobs or manufacturing Recruitment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80915132