Sales Ledger / Credit Control
Sales Ledger / Credit Control - Northampton
Your new company
My client with links to the Construction Industry are recruiting for a new Credit Controller to join their finance team.
Your new role
***Sales Ledger Duties***
* Prepare and generate sales invoices for 3 divisions and issue to customers daily.
* Collating cost sheets received from operations and recording against the scheduler, update status to Invoiced
* Resolving or passing back to operations any queries relating to the cost sheets and to make sure that all queries are resolved in a timely manner.
* Weekly analysis of department sales invoices generated, flagging any delays, issues with accuracy and quality of costs sheets.
* Produce and monitor credit note request forms and review impact, issue KPI analysis to management
* Raise credit notes and issue to customers.
* Maintain sales invoice report and recording, monitoring of sales reserves
* Monitoring and update of WIP schedule and cross reference to job/diary records.
***Credit Controller/Accounts Receivable duties***
* Allocate accurately cash receipts on daily basis, discuss with FD any unallocated cash.
* Contact customers to confirm payments becoming due and chase overdue payments ensuring any queries are resolved to ensure payment delays are kept to a minimum.
* Production of forecast cash receipt report.
* Issue monthly statements to customers
* Where possible resolve queries/short payments directly with customers including supplying copies of relevant documents.
* Liaise with supervisors/others and pass over to them queries requiring their input and resolution ensuring timelines are agreed for query resolution.
* Produce weekly log of all invoice queries, assign and issue to managers and supervisors.
* Prepare and attend weekly debtors meeting with management, highlighting any concerns or issues.
* Determine creditworthiness of potential new customers, agree and set with management, payment terms and credit limits, to be offered to the customer.
* Carry out 6 monthly reviews and provide management with an update of existing customers creditworthiness.
* Ensure database is up to date and accurate, client contact details, credit limits.
What you'll need to succeed
This role will be well suited to an experienced Credit Controller who is able to build relationships with and successfully manage a ledger of clients.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80923682