Hub IT Service Manager
Job title: Hub IT Service Manager
Location: West Essex
Salary: £38,822.00 - 43,484.00 per annum + Fringe Allowance
Working hours: Full time, 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
ALL JOB OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO DBS CHECKS
My client was established 2013 and is a small co-operative trust in the South East of England. Five of the trust's schools are located in Harlow, two in Stansted Mountfitchet, and one in Epping.
Based on a core values of Self Help, Self-Responsibility, Democracy, Equality, Equity and Solidarity, their clients Co-operative Trust's mission is to work together for their children to become confident, high achieving and independent individuals. In order to fulfil this aim, they are looking to employ a Hub IT Service Manager.
Our client is looking to appoint an experienced, highly service- oriented IT Service Manager to lead the support and ongoing delivery of the IT Service for all schools in the West Essex Hub of their Multi-Academy Trust.
To be successful, the IT Service Manager will have demonstrable experience in providing senior level 1st and 2nd line support through an IT Service Desk, ideally working to KPIs and with a solid understanding of ITIL principles.
As IT Service manager, you will line manage a small team of staff working across several sites and involve supporting the Trust Technical Lead with the implementation of technical infrastructure and cloud networking projects.
- Manage the timely handling and resolution of 100% of IT reports, incidents and problems arising from within the hub, in accordance with the hub service level agreement.
- Be accountable for meeting the service standards for the hub IT service, as specified by the Trust Head of IT Services and measured by the hub Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Work to ensure a continuous and user-friendly IT service that is fit for purpose for all users, taking direct management responsibility for the experience of users within the hub.
- Manage and coordinate urgent and/or complicated support issues, acting as the hub escalation and liaison point for the Trust Technical Lead or 3rd party support.
- As a member of the support team, provide and contribute to 1st and 2nd line support activities and report resolution.
- Ensure 100% of reports, incidents and problems arising from within the hub are recorded within the helpdesk system, in accordance with the hub service level agreement.
- Adhere to, monitor and uphold Trust procedures and processes for IT service delivery, including the service level agreement and industry best practice for the provision of IT support.
- Communicate in a timely and concise manner to all staff, students and stakeholders, ensuring at all times a high standard of English and an appropriate level of technical language.
- Ensure all systems, processes and procedures are documented and published to the appropriate audience of staff, students and stakeholders
The IT Service Manager, alongside all other staff, will be responsible for the safeguarding and wellbeing of pupils and must follow BMAT guidance and policies. Other essential requirements are:
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience.
- ICT Certificate or Diploma in relevant qualification, or equivalent experience.
- Full, clean driving license.
- A strong IT service management background.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully working to SLAs and reporting against KPIs
- Demonstrable experience of successful change management
- Fault finding and support for server and network infrastructure.
- Managing 3rd party service providers.
- Experience of diagnosing and resolving technical errors.
- Experience of implementing technical solutions.
- Experience of managing a technical team.
- Expert conceptual understanding of a broad range of ICT hardware and software.
- Minimum 2nd Line Management and support of:
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Microsoft Server Operating Systems.
- Active Directory
- Cisco/Meraki or other leading vendor network hardware
- Wireless LAN
- Desktop and mobile devices
- SIMS or other MIS
- Strong hardware knowledge.
- Strong understanding of software applications.
- Strong understanding of internet filtering and firewalls
If you wish to apply for the position of Hub IT Service Manager position, please click apply.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80920455