This Financial Services organisation is seeking to recruit a Pensions Administrator with UK Defined Benefit Pensions Scheme experience to join the team in Winchester.
Working in the Pensions Administration team you will be supporting a team of committed professionals who give the client the best possible service. If you are looking for an opportunity to develop your skills and progress your career then this could be the right role for you.
Key Aspects of the role
- Be consistently aware of and keep up to date on legislation and highlight any necessary changes that might be needed following legislation change
- Continue to broaden technical knowledge and expertise; understand the processes for complex cases such as divorce and ensure the Firm’s procedures are adhered to
- Be aware of and understand the role of relevant external bodies
- Maintain a good understanding of client specific requirements/processes and able to apply scheme rules appropriately
- Check standard calculations and pass for review and to do more complex calculations drafting an appropriate letter to the member, client, or adviser as necessary
- Process individual cases and bulk jobs
- Operate the computerised pensions administration data and operations modules and to check for accuracy and completeness updates to individual member's records. In addition, to be aware of the calculations behind manual calculations and pick up any errors
The ideal applicant will be educated to ‘A’ level, degree level or equivalent and have commenced or be looking to gain training and exams in the Award in Pensions Essentials (APE) and the Certificate in Pensions Calculations (CPC). You should have previous Defined Benefit experience and be highly organised and thorough, with excellent attention to detail.
The role would suit a confident communicator with a professional attitude and the ability to maintain a high standard of professionalism at all time and consistently demonstrate good organisational, analytical and communication skills.
If you have a flexible attitude and the desire to grow your level of responsibility, taking on Client ownership and developing and growing as an individual as you learn more about pensions in general then we urge you to apply.
This is a permanent role based in Winchester paying £24,000 - £30,000 depending on experience plus excellent benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80921172