Senior Product Development Engineer
Are you an innovative creator of cutting-edge technology? Would you like the opportunity to join a leading biotechnology automation business as a systems architect?
We are currently seeking a Senior Product Development Engineer to join a business in Hertfordshire/Cambridgeshire, that design and develop low volume, complex automated technology, used for a range of research purposes.
As a Senior Product Development Engineer, your duties would include:
- Leading the development of products by directing a cross-functional team of development engineers as a systems architect
- Working closely with development partners, you will take a hands-on approach to solving complex electromechanical design challenges to ensure products achieve technical and commercial success
- Define product functional specifications and communicate a product vision, then turn the vision into a reality by directing a range of different teams
- Devise effective mechanisms that meet specific requirements as per set specifications
- Development and test of prototype concepts with project teams, analysing results and making timely design decisions
- Leading of design reviews to provide all teams with technical direction, as well as leading DFMA
- Design of consumable injection moulded plastic components with suppliers, considering cost and quality
To be considered for this opportunity; the client would ideally like to see an excellent Mechanical Engineering academic background from an established university, along with a vast amount of experience in the delivery of complex, innovative design solutions and products. To be successful, you will need to have a comprehensive understanding of Electro-mechanical product development, systems engineering & sensor-based technology, along with NPI processes. Should you have experience with bioreactor design and/or crossflow filtration, this would give a distinct advantage in the application process.
This company can offer you; an excellent, clean & cutting edge working environment, with access to a range of innovative and novel technology. This business continually invests in the development and progression of their people and boast an excellent benefits package with a range of private schemes.
Benefits include: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Group Life Assurance, Permanent Health Insurance & a range of other benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80919193