Strategic Purchasing Engineer – South Wales - £30k to £35k plus shift allowance
Based in South Wales, ESS’ client is a multinational OEM business supplying bespoke equipment into a range of high technology sectors. They are able to support high volume manufacturing clients and research and development institutions. Our client works at an incredibly fast pace and operates on a project basis, leading to diversity for its employees. Due to year on year growth and an ever-increased reputation in the market, a key hire of a Test Engineer is required.
Reporting into the Test team Manager, The successful Test Engineer will be responsible for both the functional and process testing of our clients production equipment.
The equipment will need to meet the required quality standards across the full range of products within set manufacturing times.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- liaising with Business Units, Production Engineering and suppliers to facilitate the smooth transition of NPI projects
- The successful candidate will predominantly be responsible for modular systems testing
- Additional responsibilities will include electrical and mechanical assembly tasks when required
- There may also be an occasional requirement to support the Product Groups in the development of new products
Qualifications and Experience
- Must be educated to HND/HNC level or equivalent
- Must have some exposure or experience in a manufacturing and/or shop-floor environment
- A maintenance or mechanical background is advantageous but not essential
Key Behavioural Competencies:
The ideal candidate:
- Will a have a flexible work ethic and be willing to work overtime and shift as required by the business
- Will be able to work under tight time restraints
- Will have excellent analytical and fault finding skills
- Will have the ability to use their own initiative
- Will have strong communication skills
- Will enjoy working in a team environment
This is a superb opportunity to join a highly regarded global OEM business at the forefront of new product and technology development. An excellent base salary is available plus a comprehensive benefits package.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80921791