Python Developer Java RESTful
Python Developer Oxford to £60k
Python Developer (Java RESTful API SQL AWS). Imagine the software you develop being used to make a real difference to people’s lives every day. You could be using your knowledge, experience and passion to help design and develop backend systems for a Cloud based solution used by major healthcare sites (including the NHS).
As a Python Developer you will be joining a successful start-up, working alongside a collaborative, talented and growing team. You will be working with a range of technologies such as Python, Java, NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra) and AWS Cloud technology to allow for scalability. Your main responsibilities will be; designing, developing and maintaining server-side features in Python for Cloud based solutions, writing unit tests, contributing to automation and resolving issues with deployed software.
Based in Oxford, you will be joining some of the world’s best software engineers, researchers and developers. You will be part of a friendly team who will encourage you to continuously learn and apply new technologies.
- Strong Python development skills
- Experience of RESTful architecture exposing API to mobile apps
- Good knowledge of Databases (SQL Server, NoSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Familiar with Cloud based systems (ideally with AWS)
- 2.1 at BSc in Computer Science or similar and likely to have gone on to study at MSc / PhD level
- Desirable: Java, geo-spatial and spatial location data, Spark, Django, Ruby on Rails, Angular.js, Backbone.js
As a Python Developer you can expect to earn a competitive salary (up to £60k) plus bonus and benefits.
Apply today or call 01372 476 565 to have a confidential discussion about this Python Developer role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80920356