I am working with the SEN department of a well established mainstream school who are looking to take on a dyslexia teacher. This position is a full time role and is a maternity cover position starting 7th May (start date may be negotiable).
The school are looking for a dyslexia teacher, ideally with a Post Graduate Certificate or above in dyslexia/SpLD who will have the following attributes:
- have a deep understanding of the effects of learning difficulties and the strategies that may help students develop their literacy and study skills
- have good understanding of the SEND Code of Practice 2015
- have good personal and social skills
- act on their initiative and have a desire to reflect and improve their skills and knowledge
- preferably have at least Level 5 Certificate in Dyslexia although consideration will be given to the right candidate without this qualification
Ability to complete Access Arrangements would be an advantage.
Should you wish to be considered for this opportunity in education and training please email an updated copy of your CV as soon as possible.
This is a fantastic comprehensive school located in South-West London, with a great reputation in terms of academic achievements, student behaviour and community and easily accessible via public transport. With an ethos of putting an emphasis on the needs of students, this school offers a broad and varied curriculum to match the needs of each individual student. With fantastic facilities in a state-of-the-art building, the school has recently opened a brand-new sixth form building and are looking for members of staff to join them to begin an exciting new phase of development to build on the remarkable success of the past.
- 'Good' Ofsted in all categories
- 'Behaviour around the school is exemplary' ' Students say they feel safe and happy in school, and their wellbeing is given high priority by all staff and governors'
- A 74% A*-C pass rate in the most recent GCSE examinations including English and Maths
Applications are welcome from teachers at any stage in their career including NQT's and both British trained Science teachers and overseas trained Science teachers will be considered for this position. All applicants should have UK QTS or an overseas formal secondary school teaching qualification. Please send your CV to Oliver at Reeson Education ASAP.
REESON Education is London's premier recruitment agency. Established in 2006 by experienced teachers, education professionals and recruitment specialists, we have built our business and reputation on the cores values of honesty, integrity and excellence. We work exclusively with a number of London's best secondary schools across all areas of London, offer highly competitive rates of pay and an unmatched personal service.
REESON Education will try to respond to all applications within three working days. However due to the volume of applications we receive we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other vacancies we advertise in future that you think you may be suitable for.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80908901