Operations Accountant - FMCG Business
This is a permanent position as an operations accountant within a well known FMCG business in West London.
This is a progressive role - with a clearly defined progression path. This role is suitable for a qualified accountant looking for their next position.
My client is a large, well known FMCG business who own a number of instantly recognisable brands.
This role is responsible for one of the manufacturing sites within the group. The role itself will entail significant business partnering with the team on site to ensure the effective delivery of the strategy in line with the statutory and group standards.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly accounts, annual budget/projection, monthly forecasts and year end accounts
- Provision of quality information and analysis of key financial data
- Ensure strong internal controls are in place and maintained to mitigate business risk
- Taking a lead role in target setting and performance management to deliver business objectives
- Pro-actively use information generated to challenge and influence local management
- Challenging investment decisions to maximise ROI
- Influence and coordinate the development of the strategic business plans
Operations & Continuous Improvement
- Lead the site finance function with clearly defined and standardised roles and objectives
- Ensure engagement with other operational and commercial finance teams
- Ensure all site costings are accurate and signed off in a timely manner.
- Regular review of product margin analysis ensuring optimisation of product portfolio
- Provide Capex analysis and decision support to the site General/Factory Manager and submit Capex proposals in the Capital system for approval by Senior Management.
- To manage the capital planning process for site, ensuring that spend plans are in line with approved forecast
Budgeting / Forecasting
- Realistic and challenging target setting though the budgeting process
- Accurate and realistic numbers submitted through the forecasting process
- Challenging the site leadership team own and deliver on financial commitments made through the budgeting process
Accuracy of the site numbers reported locally and centrally
- Lead and challenge site leadership team in the setting and delivering of key financial targets
- Proactively working with the site leadership team to ensure a pipeline of projects are developed to ensure overall targets are delivered.
- Management of all financial internal and external audits ensuring adherence to all corporate and statutory regulations.
Recognised accountancy qualification. ACCA/CIMA/ACA
- Experience working within a factory/manufacturing environment
- Minimum 3 years finance experience (preferably in an FMCG environment)
- Business partnering with non-finance stakeholders, challenging business assumptions
- Ability to work alongside individuals at various levels of the organisations
- A drive to succeed - my client are looking for an ambitions individual who wants to grow and progress within the business
Permanent position, salary £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience
Additional corporate benefits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80924728