Quality & Compliance Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to a join a leading Waste & Recycling business assisting the Head of Quality, Compliance & Risk in a business critical role.
My client is a market leader. With a high number of operational sites across the UK it has a diversified customer base and value streams within the business. With over 60 years of Heritage and one of the largest businesses in its sector, my client is committed to exceeding the needs of its enormous customer base.
Reporting to the Head of Quality, Assurance and Risk, this role is designed to manage the development of quality and specifications within the business. The role will also be responsible for assisting the Head of Department in managing the quality, risk and compliance function the business while undertaking a range of audits as specified under the company's management third party audit procedure.
- Take responsibility for the management of quality on all installations through liaison with the Regional compliance managers
- Carry out the required evaluation of legislation against the requirements of the management standards working with the Policy and Regulation Advisor
- Assess the levels of risk associated with site works through to transportation and maintain an associated risk and mitigation register
- Act as Management representative as required by the ISO standards working with the client manager at the BSI and equivalent
- Manage the successful implementation and updates for all internal and external systems audit planning functions as required by the statutory and company requirements
- Contributed to the development and implementation of organisation and system-wide strategies for quality and of continuous improvement, including putting in place relevant measures of success and performance related to quality, risk and compliance
- To work with the relevant stakeholders to ensure that each site is compliant with the core competency requirement covering material specification
- Design and implement training programmes in line with company procedures to correct any deficiencies identified in site core competencies on quality related issue
To be successful in this role you will need to show strong experience within Quality Assurance roles. You will have a proven track record of success from within a high risk, process environment such as Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals, Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Waste Management and other Heavy Engineering sectors. Other criteria will include;
- Professionally qualified in Quality Assurance and Risk Qualifications
- Substantial experience and demonstrable success in a similar role
- Previous experience of waste industry/environmental industry/process industry involving regulatory dialogue
- Environmental or equivalent degree working toward professional chartered status
- Lead Auditor certification at all relevant ISO standards (would be looked at fondly)
- Must have an understanding of, and be fully conversant with, modern approaches to quality, risk and compliance, including enterprise risk approaches
- Environmental regulatory knowledge and legislation and techniques
- Relationship and stakeholder management and encourages collaboration
- Wide ranging IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel, Word
On offer is an opportunity to work for one of the UK's leading Waste & Recycling business on a £40,000 - £45,000 base salary DOE + an excellent package including training support CPD.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80904547