A temporary, full time position has become available to work in Crewe within a Government body as a Court Usher. The role starts at £7.83 increasing after 12 weeks to £7.92. The hours will be Monday to Friday, 37 per week.
- Acting as a first line contact for parties attending court, including members of the public, judiciary, solicitors, barristers & representatives of external agencies.
- Providing information relating to proceedings, escorting court users into & from the courtroom, swearing oaths, etc.
- Keeping parties informed of changes e.g. courtrooms, hearing times.
- Answering face to face enquiries.
- Preparing rooms for hearings at the start of the day & clearing hearing rooms down at the end of the day.
- Using electronic diaries & recording equipment.
- Minor office duties - answering telephone call, dispatching post, filing, preparing files for hearing.
We are looking for someone who has had previous exposure to working within a similar role, dealing with administration and customer service on various levels, computer and communication skills are vital for this role; the successful candidate will need to go through Enhanced DBS security clearance, start date immediately pending clearance and references.
If you are interested in the position please send an up to date CV through or contact the branch on 0151 242 6106. Alternatively you can register online and complete a Government Registration.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80912412