Python Developer / Technical Lead London Bridge
We are helping an innovative; early stage, London-based technology business to recruit an experienced Python Developer to become its Technical Lead and future CTO.
The role will report directly into the MD and it is envisaged that the Technical Lead Python Developer role will become a co-founder CTO position.
This role will be instrumental in the future strategic direction of the company, but will be very much a role for a hands on developer at the same time.
The Technical Lead will head up and expand a small tech team to further development its software, its functionality and service offerings.
After a qualifying period, this Python Developer / Technical Lead will include a generous employee share option package for the right candidate. The share options available with this role could be lucrative.
Key Technical Lead Python Developer / Technical Lead Responsibilities
- Head up all tech functions within the business
- Design/improve systems architecture, design for handling growing user base/scaling within the constraints of an early stage business
- Design database schema, manage schema changes and migrations
- Build backend services for real time message processing, batch data processing, geospatial services for geocoding/map matching/routing etc.
- Develop REST APIs to allow internal and external applications to interface with the core geospatial database
- Be the lead contact for a feature from idea to design, implementation, testing and production deployment and support
- Lead infrastructure planning, build, OpSec practices and reliability engineering
- You are an expert in Python programming with a minimum of 2+ years in as a Senior Python Developer
- You're keen to explore new technologies, but know when to use the right tool for the job
- You're comfortable with the flat and self-organising nature of a small early stage business team
- You can figure out solutions by yourself, but know when to ask for help
- You are personable, a good communicator and comfortable working in a small team
- You are comfortable having a non tech line manager
- You are happy to be hand on
- You're keen to take a proactive and significant role in an early stage business
- You are both a team leader and team player
- You are a strong communicator inside and outside of a tech team
- You are able to find solutions
Key Python Developer / Technical Lead Requirements
- Knowledge of concurrent programming idioms in Python
- Comfortable in a Linux environment
- Awareness of general web/ops security concepts Experience in database design
You'll get bonus points for any of the following:
- Previous start-up/early stage business experience
- Entrepreneurial approach
- Financial acumen
- Front end development experience/understanding
- Previous automotive tech experience
- Query/performance tuning in Postgresql or similar RDBMS
- NoSQL DBs
- Geospatial databases e.g PostGIS on Postgresql
- ORM e.g SQLAlchemy
- Python micro web frameworks e.g Flask, Bottle
- Linux server build, maintenance and task automation
- Planning for disaster recovery - automated backups, build automation
- AWS/Google cloud
What you'll get in return:
As well as offering a fantastic opportunity to make a real impact on the companys growth and evolution, the following benefits are offered:
Salary £60k-£90k depending on experience
- Share options (after a qualifying period) - become a shareholder in a soon to be fast growing company
- Excellent short-term career advancement for the right person (potentially leading to CTO)
- Opportunity to join an early stage business poised for expansion
- Working directly with a serial entrepreneur MD and non executive board
- Flexible hours
- Central office location
- Great people & team culture
About the company
An early stage London-based technology business with an innovative product in the rapidly evolving Internet of Things (IoT) / Internet of Vehicles (IoV) / Automotive Technology and want to step up to the next level in this emerging market.
Led by its serial entrepreneur MD, this company has successfully closed a funding round in March 2018. Now the final phase of its core product has been completed, funds have been secured to build out its team to embark on commercialising the business by growing its existing customer base, along with future tech development.
Although the software is now ready for full commercialisation, there are still ambitious plans for further ongoing technology development including building a mobile platform for its service.
Python, Developer, Technical Lead, CTO, REST APIs, Postgresql, RDBMS, NoSQL DBs, Geospatial databases, PostGIS, Postgresql, ORM, SQLAlchemy, Flask, Bottle, Linux maintenance, AWS, Google cloud
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80909224