Senior Backend Engineer
Senior Lead Back End Engineer
Join a collaborative team as Senior Back End Java Engineer for a much-loved well-known brand. They have the enviable position of number 1 in their field with over 14.5 million unique visitors accessing the company's sites and services every month.
With 10 million app downloads the challenge of providing a first class highly available service has only just begun. You will join a team of 45 Engineers passionate about open source technology which enables people to trade anything and everything from worldly possessions to jobs, services and events.
We're on the lookout for a Lead Back End Engineer who considers themselves a technical expert. A Lead Back End Java Engineer who believes in working to practical methodologies delivering an awesome experience to 20 million people every month.
If you are a Lead / Senior Back End Engineer who wants to work for a big brand and enjoys solving challenges, then there is an extra reason why now is a good time to join. The company are on a mission to change the way code is written and support bold new business plans moving forward. If you are not working in an environment where you can continually contribute and innovate or where clean and maintainable code is not considered scalable or modular then we want to hear from you!
Some of your responsibilities:
* Work with UX, product, QA and front-end engineers daily.
* Hands-on developing and writing code while also acting in a senior capacity inspiring, coaching and mentoring your direct reports.
* Work in an Agile environment, features go through continuous integration and are constantly tested.
* Mentor and manage up to 5 other Engineers as a Lead Back End Engineer
* Work and deliver to the constructs of a TDD and BDD development environment.
* Participate in code reviews.
What you will bring:
* You will have some of these skills; Java, Spring, Scala, Akka, Elasticsearch, Postgresql, MongoDB, Redis, Memcached, Hadoop, Jenkins, JUnit, ScalaTest, TestNG, Mockito, Cucumber
* Excellent collaboration and communication towards peers and business leaders.
* A proven track record delivering high performance, responsive websites with clean, scalable and testable code at the heart of your technical decisions.
* Experience designing modular, clean and maintainable applications.
* Detail oriented and the ability to work systematically whilst driving innovation.
* Strategic mind-set and approach to collaborate with sound communication skills.
If you are successful you will join a team who hold events such as Tech Talks, Hackathons and Workshops. You also get other perks such as monthly massages, weekly yoga and pilates classes as well as weekly Bootcamp. You will receive a competitive salary, a full benefits package, and other great perks.
Please provide us with your github repo, side projects or open source repositories that you have contributed to as part of your application.
Only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80919921