Mechanical Design Engineer
My client is based in Middlesex and looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer. The business is going through great growth and this role has come about due to the expansion of their existing team.
My client is is currently catering for the needs of the global entertainment industry. They provide technological solutions to any film television and entertainment production industry. They are well respected in the industry and the Mechanical Design Engineer role sits within the R&D team which is based in Middlesex.
- As part of the product development team, the Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of new products based on customer requirements and innovations within the film lighting industry.
- Development projects will include the full product lifecycle from initial brief, through proof of concept prototypes to production specifications and drawings, and release to manufacturing.
- The role will also include reviewing and updating existing products and equipment and creating technical information files for use by the sales and marketing departments.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to (additional duties may be assigned from time to time):
- Developing innovative lighting and associated products to exploit new opportunities within the film industry.
- Creation of Solidworks models and rendered images of concept designs for discussion with customers.
- Development and construction of proof-of-concept prototypes based on internally and externally generated requirements.
- Creation of production drawings, BOM's and specifications for external manufacture of new and existing products or components.
- Project and cost control including management of external contractors and liaison with internal engineering resource.
- Creation of drawings, BOM's and technical information for sales, marketing and engineering use.
- Development of technical files including internal and external test and validation.
- A technical degree/ HND, ideally in a mechanical or electro-mechanical engineering based discipline.
- A proven track record in a mechanical design/development engineering post.
- Demonstrable skills in product design and detailed drawing creation using Solidworks.
- Practical mechanical knowledge including bench fitting and prototype assembly and modification.
- Computer literate with a good understanding of the Microsoft office suite.
- A proven track record of developing finished products from customer and internally generated specifications.
- A self-starter with strong inter-personal skills and the ability to work equally well with customers and suppliers.
- A professional individual with the ability to prioritise and work to tight schedules.
Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of any of the following sectors: film lighting, architectural lighting, LED lighting.
- Knowledge of any of the following techniques: sheet metal fabrication, enclosure design, GRP/plastics moulding design, thermal analysis, electrical installation, power generation, or distribution.
- Knowledge of using any of the following software packages: Solidworks, AutoCAD design suite, Adobe Illustrator.
A basic saslary between £32,000 and £38,000 + benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80925989