IT Support Analyst
We are currently working to source a IT Support Analyst to work for a leading OEM based in Milton Keynes on a permanent basis.
Is this you? If so, please read through and click apply now.
A pivotal role, providing customer and 2nd line technical support to end-users who need assistance with their computer hardware or software.
You will help to find and fix software and hardware problems, or any incident that is disrupting the IT systems or services that business users depend on. Usually, you will be working on incidents that have been escalated from front-line support on the service desk. Crucially the systems are live, and so the issues usually need prompt attention. Being able to stay calm and work under pressure is vital.
You will need a wide knowledge of the systems you are responsible for, the problems they tend to have and how to fix them.
Alongside incident resolution, you will also assist with other jobs including administration, monitoring and maintenance of systems, and installation and upgrades. Identify and diagnose issues and problems.
- Identify software and hardware problems and repair
- Perform regular maintenance on hardware and software components
- Run diagnostic programs or use test equipment to locate the source of problems
- Communicate effectively with end users and customer management
- Maintain security and functionality through the application of programme temporary fixes.
- Network investigation
- Managing Video conferencing solutions
- Managing Skype for Business Phone System
- Working on your own to resolve issues and keep the business running
Skills & Abilities:
- Effectively question users to establish symptoms
- User Experience and interrogate database for potential solutions
- Deploy support tools to systematically trace the source of error or technical failure
- Escalate complex or unresolved incidents.
- Record and track issues from the outset to conclusion
- Minimise interruptions in customers ability to carry out critical business activities
- Identify and classify incident types and service interruptions to build the knowledge system
- Record incidents cataloguing them with symptoms and resolutions.
- Carry out maintenance to ensure stable and secure applications and IT Infrastructure
- Update operational Knowledgebase and log all service incidents
- Systematically analyse performance data and communicate findings to a senior team of experts
- Escalate potential service failures and security risks and recommend actions to improve service reliability
- Track reliability data against relevant service level agreements
- Structure wrote and oral communication to ensure clarity
- ITIL Foundation
- ITIL Service Capability - Operational Support and Analysis
- ITIL Continual Service Improvement or ITIL Practitioner
- Configuring Windows Devices (70-697)
- Comp TIA A+
- Comp TIA Network+
- Comp TIA Security+
- Windows Server Operations and administration
- Active Directory administration
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960516715