PARALEGAL Employment law to 30k
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic and driven Paralegal to cover a broad range of employment law work in a well known prestigious law firm near Chancery Lane.
Working 9.30am to 5.30pm the ideal candidate will be an experienced paralegal with 2 years experience in the field of employment law.
You will be working alongside the Head of Department on employment tribunal disputes and non-contentious employment law matters.
The key duties will include, but will not be limited to:
• Assisting the Head of Department and Associate on a caseload of employment matters from start to finish, such as redundancy, unfair dismissal, whistleblowing, discrimination and equal opportunities, bullying and harassment, settlement agreements, disciplinary hearings and dismissals, and restrictive covenants
• Conduct legal research on industry specific issues
• Providing support internally and completing supportive tasks that are deemed necessary
• Advising clients on all aspects of employment law
• Liaise and meet with clients and keep them up to date on the progress of their case
• Supporting fee earners on their drafting of legal documents, such as claim forms, particulars of claim, lists of issues, schedules of loss, witness statements, taking instructions from clients, handling settlement discussions
• Draft advice letters
• Business Development tasks
• Attending tribunal/court
• Typing up attendance notes
The ideal candidate will have:
• a proactive client focus and empathy
• A legal qualifications (Law degree (2:1 preferred), from a reputable university or CILEX qualification
• Knowledge of employment law and sound commercial awareness
• Previous experience working in private practice would be advantageous
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to explain complex technical issues to non-technical audiences
• Ability to prioritise and work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Excellent organisational skills
• Outgoing personality and a team player
• Sense of humour.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960518053