Senior Package Integration Engineer, special vehicle projects
Our client, one of the world’s most prestigious luxury OEM’s, is looking to recruit a Senior Package Integration Engineer for its Special Vehicle Projects division. This division produces low volume and one off vehicles and race cars for clients and for prestigious events such as the Le Mans 24 hour race.
- Create reference geometric package supporting Project Engineer, to meet targets laid down by Vehicle Programme team.
- Create Layout in both 2D and 3D CAD.
- Negotiate component location with PMT and PMST reps to achieve efficient package safeguarding customer space targets and protecting legal and functional geometric requirements.
- Create engineering design and drawings to enable build and modification of physical package bucks.
- Project manage creation and modifications to package bucks.
- Run package meetings and provide package schemes to resolve cross functional issues.
- Raise and lead resolution of package related concerns.
- Support Virtual Series activity by ensuring delivery of CAD from PMTs to required maturity and conducting package target compliance analysis.
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree in Engineering
- Experience in whole vehicle package.
- Knowledge of legal requirements.
- Worked in a cross functional role in Automotive. Working knowledge of vehicle attributes would be an advantage.
- Ability to use Vis Mock-up to an advanced level, NX and Team Centre. MS Tools: Project, Excel, PowerPoint and word.
- Must show passion for sports cars.
- Must be a clear communicator, with good organisation skills.
- Driving Licence - may be required to support benchmarking activities.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960517453