Our client are looking for a PHP Developer to help us to develop their platform. Their ideal candidate would have had exposure to a modern PHP framework, RESTful APIs, NoSQL and Unit Testing. If you haven’t had exposure to all of the above but are keen to learn and enhance your skill set they would like to hear from you.
As a PHP Developer, your role and responsibilities would include
- Implementing new features on our website, mobile app and CRM system
- Write well structured, testable code that can cope with the scalable demands of their growing platform
- Work to enhance the existing code base and fix any bugs that are reported
- Participate in reviews of other Developers code, helping to ensure that our coding standards are being maintained
- Write PHP Unit tests for both new and existing services and methods
To be considered for the PHP Developer role, you will have the following experience and skill:
- Experience building software with PHP
- Experience with a modern framework – such as Codeigniter, Laravel, Symfony
- Working knowledge of MySQL - NoSQL would be an added bonus.
- Exposure to RESTful APIs, from the basic understanding of a RESTful API design to high availability and microservices
- Experience using Git (we use BitBucket) and working in a collaborative environment
PHP Developer Benefits
- A competitive salary in line with your experience
- Work in a true 9 – 5:30 environment where a work life balance is encouraged and our developers are swiftly kicked (nicely) out of the office come the end of the day
- Fantastic range of additional benefits, discount and freebies from our company Perkbox membership
- Regular company socials and free lunches
- Relaxed dress code, we are interested in the code you can deliver rather than what you wear (a nice to have more than a benefit)
- Life assurance
- Enrolment into their Workplace pension scheme.
- A fridge stocked with Coke, Diet Coke and free fruit (who doesn’t like a balanced diet)
If you are suitable for the PHP Developer position, please apply now.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80914652