Social Director - Marketing Agency
Due to rapid expansion, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for an outgoing individual to join a very successful Digital Marketing agency as a Social Director. This is a new position created at the agency to bring a new phase of leadership into the team, so it's a very exciting time to join them on their continuous journey of success.
You will be an experienced leader and have a significant track record in agency-side social, content and influencer marketing. Your role will be to inspire the team, drive excellence and make smart growth decisions via a truly integrated modern comms mix.
You will be a confident social strategist, able to seek out the insights needed to deliver robust social strategies. Motivated by delivering and demonstrating client impact, you should be confident in building narratives and thrive in pitch situations – always pitching to win. As a Team Leader, you should understand how to mobilise the right talent for a project and can motivate them to share your passion for the brief.
You will be both a visionary and a realist and be passionate about the evolving world for modern communications and what it means for social. You should be current and agile when it comes to making social recommendations. You shouldn’t be wedded to a particular channel, content format or influencer approach – for you it should be about where impact will be delivered.
Client sectors include Travel & Hospitality, Alcohol, Food & Beverage, Retail, Consumer and Higher Education.
The Role & Responsibilities:
• Lead and nurture the teams responsible for delivering social across travel & hospitality, non-for-profit and alcohol clients (subject to change with lots of pitching activity currently)
• Reporting directly into company directors – presenting your solutions to current issues (across team, commercials and existing clients), spotting client opportunities and future proofing the agency's social services – examining tools and service types.
• You don’t delegate up difficult tasks, you make good judgements and deal with a broad range of leadership challenges –hiring/firing/client commercials etc.
• You're always-on and campaign strategies always tie to business objectives: for example, for a large UK charity you will be tasked on mass participation, on an international hotel group you will be tasked on sales in their key early bookings phase and customer engagement throughout the year.
• You must be able to adapt your strategies dependent upon client context and business/organisational objectives.
• You will be a confident and compelling presenter – for example leading on the delivery of two annual conferences for a large Travel & Hospitality client – focusing on social media vision and best practice for their global business
• You open up thinking about what great creative and content is in the team
• You work on adapting processes to improve creative/content output – excellence in creative and content for you is the only option
• You seek out and lead new business pitches for all social, content and influencer leads. You gather information, ask difficult questions, find the root cause in order to produce the best recommendations and win the business
• You understand the impact the agency is making for all clients at all times and have a client plan in place for each account to improve client relationships, grow revenue, improve impact
• You are always demonstrating perfect industry, social, content and influencer knowledge – you regularly educate your team to ensure they are current
- Very competitive salary.
- Eligible for bonus scheme (5-7% depending on company performance)
- Private healthcare
- Private travel insurance
- 26 days holiday, plus bank holidays, plus 3 days at Christmas
- Free wine, beer (anytime - fridge is always stocked!)
- Monthly socials (company budgeted for)
- Yearly 'tour' abroad, whole agency goes.
- Working hours 8.30/9.00am - 5.30/6.00pm
- VERY STRONG ATTITUDE TOWARDS WORK/LIFE BALANCE (people get in trouble for staying late in the office!)
- Full 360 review every 3 months - great career progression.
For more information please get in touch with Gina at D4 Digital and hit APPLY today!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960518459