Financial Accounting - technical accounting
A Listed global organisation are looking for a Finance Analyst to start as soon as possible (DBS required).
Full accountability for the technical management accounting for * Limited, the separate legal entity covering commercial and management functions, including production of the statutory management accounts, submission to Group, & compliance with all IFRS & UK GAAP requirements. Owner of the finance systems and chart of accounts.
- Maintain the finance system (Oracle ledger) and chart of accounts for the cargo legal entity and Essbase.
- Ensure appropriate financial controls are in place in the ledger
- Manage and own the worldwide end to end processes for recording transactions
- Be the finance systems expert and single point of contact for the wider finance team who will use the ledgers
- Ensure all appropriate financial accounting is carried out on a monthly and quarterly basis for ledgers
- Maintain the mechanism for the recharging of the costs of to the operating companies including appropriate VAT accounting
- Segment the annual profit and loss balance into the countries where has a permanent establishment for tax purposes and liaise with tax to enable tax filing worldwide and external advisers
- Manage the intercompany transactions with Group
- Manage the annual external audit
- Assist wider reporting team in the consolidation of the overall management accounts, including support for budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis
- Practical technical accounting
- Analytical and problem solving skills including ability to manipulate, analyse and interpret financial and business data
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships
- Proactive, taking the initiative to explore issues and to generate new ideas and approaches
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/ACMA)
- Strong accounting background, including reporting, consolidation and financial analysis
- Good understanding of finance theory and good level of practical finance experience in technical group accounting,
- Numerate and accurate
- Good IT skills and experience of finance systems preferably including Oracle and Excel
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80920984