Lead Shift Test Engineer
Following a sustained period of success over the last five years, and in order to overcome Ricardo has significantly increased the volume, type, and importantly the commercial value, of test related activities. The increasing complexity and diversity of these activities which include engine test, vehicle test, installations and engine build and the challenges associated with 24/7 operation, has created exciting opportunities for additional leadership roles.
As the senior test lead on site you will be directly responsible for providing technical support and direction to all test personnel working on shift.
You will be expected to oversee and be accountable for their activities, to make the appropriate prioritisation calls as the shift progresses, to take responsibility for the quality of the testing conducted, to ensure adherence to all H&S protocols and to support on site clients as required.
With plans to extend facility commissioning activities to full 7-day operation and a need for higher level technical support out of hours to maintain acceptable uptime of some aging facilities there will be opportunities to increase your responsibilities and skills, to include, other areas subject to demonstration of aptitude through the secondments and on the job training that will be made available to you.
- Liaise with the other test engineers to provide out of hours support to a variety of projects.
- Supervision, allocation and prioritisation of work for those working out of hours in order to maximise efficiency and output of the team in a dynamic working environment.
- Be the main contact for all testing, for both internal and external contacts.
- Application of engineering principles and methodical approach to trouble shoot test facility, equipment and engine running problems.
- Running test facilities where required.
- Test sequence programming, test set-up and commissioning.
- Test data processing and analysis of test data for quality and reporting purposes.
- Implement engine calibration changes as required.
- Provide accurate reporting for management and day teams.
- Drive process and procedural improvements to improve capacity & capabilities of the team.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working as a Test Engineer. A sound knowledge of internal combustion engines, test automation and associated test tools and equipment is essential.
The successful candidate is also likely to have many or all of the following:
- Proven capability in an engine testing or closely related development environment such as vehicle, e-machine or battery testing.
- Knowledge of test equipment and software
- Proven fault diagnosis skills including an awareness of the 8D process
- Understanding of engine build, mechanical / electronic systems and schematics.
- Effective communication and documentation skills.
- Good PC skills (excel, word, powerpoint, outlook).
NB: All applications must be accompanied by a covering letter detailing how your skill and experience match this role.
Ricardo is an equal opportunities employer.
To register your interest in discussing this opportunity further please get in touch at *************************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960516530