Assistant Financial Controller
Job title: Assistant Financial Controller
Role type: Fixed-Term contract (2 years)
To support the finance and management team in delivering accurate and robust financial information to the rest of the business.
Particular responsibility for Purchase Ledger Control, Accounts Receivable, Working Capital, Free Cash Flow, VAT, IPR, Fixed Assets, Inventory, Payroll along with any ad-hoc requirements.
This will include reporting, forecasting, budgeting, statutory reporting and closely assisting the Financial Controller in ensuring the financial control framework is maintained.
Sub-departmental management of a team of 2 with good knowledge of purchase to pay process, liaison with Group Financial staff where relevant and close working with the Management Accounts team & the rest of the business.
Candidate skills & requirements
- Qualified Accountant with broad finance experience and experience working with ERP systems (SAP preferable) Essential
- Team Player, ability to work under pressure, meet strict deadlines and maintain confidentiality
- Strong ‘can do' and positive attitude
- Manufacturing and costing experience
- Accuracy in administration skills
- Ability to follow policies and procedures
- Good communication skills- verbal and written
- Advanced with Microsoft suite of products (particularly Excel)
- Ability to follow up and take action where necessary, proactive approach required
- Influencing skills
- SAP experience is highly beneficial
- Planning and organisational skills
- People management experience is ideal
- French language skills is beneficial but not essential
- Must be inquisitive & have the ability to challenge clearly & effectively.
Travel specificity - Will be required to travel occasionally
Offering a competitive salary & suite of excellent employee benefits ensuring we make this a fantastic place to be, some below for example:
- Excellent company contributory pension scheme
- Private health care
- Health cash back plans (dental/wellbeing)
- 25 days holiday + BH
- Corporate Gym Membership
- Burnley Football club benefits (Including chance to get tickets and be treated to meal in corporate box during the game)
- Restaurant onsite with excellent food at subsidised price
- Free car parking
- Flex-time options dependant on role/circumstance
- Share purchase scheme
We take great pride in supporting our employees who in turn are proud to work here, if your application is successful further information on our benefits will be provided and a member of our HR team will contact you.
Apply now if you are interested - ************************************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960516411