QA and Compliance Manager
* Manage the organisation's compliance and the various regulations that apply to advertising/teleshopping in the UK.
* Analyse advertising issues for regulatory implications when those issues are brought to the post holder's attention by any member of staff or regulators. Report findings back to the Head of Buying, Merchandising and QA.
* To participate, on behalf of the company, in government and industry workshops and forums regarding advertising/teleshopping regulation and compliance ensuring that the business is conforming as required.
* Manage the New Product Introduction process to ensure appropriate quality, safety, legal and compliance objectives are met.
* Ensure due diligence, compliance and reporting systems are monitored across the whole company and report any misdemeanours to the Head of Buying, Merchandising and QA .
* Drive buying specification required to ensure meets safety, legal and compliance standards and input appropriate detail into buying brief.
* Continually seek opportunities, often in conjunction with category team and vendors to improve processes in the broadcasting without compromising compliance.
* Provide a robust QA service ensuring that the QA team conduct all the relevant tests on new product and product going back to air, including but not limited to drop tests, mail order compliance and packaging that is fit for purpose, in accordance with the Supplier Manuals. Make sure that the relevant documentation is provided to you from the QA team and where required escalate actions and recommendations to the Buyer, Senior Buyer and Head of Buying, Merchandising and QA for approval/agreement.
* Deliver an efficient and effective QA service in respect to faulty returns and high level returns via the QA Team in terms of investigation, actions and recommendations, in accordance with the Supplier Manuals. Ensure that the reports are provided to the Buyer, Senior Buyer and Head of Buying, Merchandising and QA and that they are agreed, followed up and concluded.
* Be responsible for the QA teams maintenance and upkeep of the Product Information reports/forms and that issues and tests are recorded on the relevant paperwork in order to provide a resilient audit trail
* Provide weekly reports for Senior Management ,including but not limited to, the weekly Returns Report Ensuring that the report is user friendly and that high level returns issued are flagged to the Buyer, Senior Buyer and Head of Buying, Merchandising and QA and that the QA team support and work with the Buying team to attain resolution.
* Proven experience of managing a Quality Assurance/ Compliance function in a manufacturing or retail environment.
* Experience of dealing with requirements that apply to advertising/teleshopping in the UK.
* Knowledge and experience of the industry
* Background knowledge of chemistry.
* Experience of working with consumer products.
* Basic knowledge of relevant statutory /compliance requirements.
* Good working knowledge and experience of MS Office (e.g. Excel, Word).
* Degree or equivalent in a technical subject.
* Membership of professional Institute.
* Management training.
* Hard working; tenacious; results-orientated.
* Honest; objective; open-minded; flexible without compromising QA and Compliance principles and best practice
* Professional and approachable
* Detailed and proactive in finding resolutions
* Methodical and consistent
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80915811