UK Payroll Specialist
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client are currently seeking an experienced Payroll Specialist. The role will be based in Kingston upon Thames, Surrey.
This is a full time temporary role for a period of 6 months, working a 36.25 hour week. This role is paying up to £35,550 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience and the successful applicant must be able to start within 4 weeks of offer maximum ideally sooner.
Main job purpose
Based in Kingston and working within the UK Payroll Support team, UK payroll is responsible for paying 7,500 employees in the UK; partnering with our third-party payroll provider ADP to achieve this.
This role sits in the support team and will support the payroll transition of our BCS (Baking Cooking Spreads) business to the new employer KKR. This means you will be working with our payroll provider ADP, HMRC, Service Delivery, Tax department, HR, Pensions, Finance and 3rd parties to ensure BCS payroll is processed accurately and on time.
Pur client's payroll is a complex payroll landscape. Although the day to day payroll operations are outsourced to the payroll provider, this Payroll Specialist role involves managing around 200-400 employees on UK BCS payroll, various UK payroll related administration as well as communicating with various stakeholders on payroll related matters.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- The job will initially involve setting up new entities with HMRC, setting up new payroll areas in both Workday and Payroll system ADP SAP GlobalView, doing various configurations, setups and testing as needed within the BCS project.
- Ongoing, the role involves managing the UK payroll process for BCS payroll. From ensuring that starters, leavers and transfers are all processed correctly (from WD into SAP Payroll), to reviewing payroll instructions, analysing results and signing off.
- It will also require liaising with the payroll vendor to ensure smooth delivery of the payroll services, investigating and resolving queries and escalations, for which SAP GlobalView and Workday systems are used extensively.
- Additional activities will include; management of our PayrollSupport shared mailbox, other administrative tasks such as correspondence with HMRC and other third parties, completing the monthly Office of National Statistics survey, managing the overpayments process as well as ad-hoc project administration and coordination.
- Other admin activities will consist of, but not limited to; submission of P46 monthly e-filling, collection of the daily post, filing as well as annual archiving activities.
- Whilst the main responsibilities of this role are supporting the payroll transitional service agreement, you may be required to undertake other payroll/service delivery activities as determined by the payroll manager
- Managing e2e payroll
- Align and work with third parties as and when needed to ensure accuracy of payroll
- Help investigate and resolve escalated queries/issues using both SAP payroll and Work Day HR Systems
- Download payroll information from systems and cross-check against instructions, Work Day system and prior month payroll.
- Dealing with HR partners and Employees directly to resolve difficult payroll cases.
Key Skills & Relevant Experience
- Strong experience of UK payroll
- An understanding of UK payroll legislation
- ADP SAP GV and Workday systems are used extensively; therefore experience using these systems would also be extremely beneficial, if not experience in similar systems essential
- Strong Excel experience - v-lookup, pivot tables
- Self-managing projects (with little supervision)
- Tracking tasks and assessing progress
- Handling data accurately
- Stakeholder management
- Strong communication skills
- Working with third party payroll providers
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80916241